Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old     (munky_flip)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-20-2005, 11:04 PM Reply   
first things first a little about my boat...1990 supra sunsport, dirty white upholestry with faded pink trim, outside is teal with black and silver trim...ok now what i am goin to do is replace my old stuff with new...there are bad spots in the floor that need to be fixed... i am probably goin to replace the whole floor...i know the existing one is fiberglassed in...how important is it that i have this redone to the new wood (marine playwood)...i know this is thread in and of its self but breifly, i would like to put in a custom ballast system and have no idea were to start(feel free to email me on this subject)...also i have saw some pics of people with black carpet so if you have it please let me know if it gets hot...i have big ideas of taking out one of the back cushions/seats and having my version of a walk through(steps) to the platform, so people arent stepping all over my new stuff... has anyone done this???then i thought since i took out a seat in the back i would add one up in front of the motor and beside the driver(like the new models)...lastly this is an opinion question...what color should i go with for my seats? all white, white and black, white and gray, gray and black, or other? any help would be appreciated...if a pic would help you help me let me know and ill take some
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-21-2005, 9:23 AM Reply   
The problem with boats like yours is that once you start where do you stop.

Put some numbers down an you might find it better to buy a different boat?

New upholstery $1200, more if you change the configuration.
Floorboard and carpet $500 +80 hours labor
Custom ballast $500

Now that the interior looks new the rest of the boat will look old.
Boat paint $1000
Trailer paint $400
Rub rail $300

Now it looks great but the motor is getting tired
Motor rebuild $1500

Just thing about where you want to end up before you start down the path.

Might make more sense to throw some nice towels over the seats, fill a couple of fatsacs and just go have fun.
Old     (munky_flip)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-21-2005, 9:40 AM Reply   
mikeski...i bought the boat for 10,000 put a monster tower (1000) on it and rebuilt the motor(1000), and put new graphics(100 cuz i own my own machine), i replaced the guages and panels(they came with the boat), i took out all of the wood accents and replaced with powder coated alluminum, upholestry is gonna cost $500 (i know the lady), im gonin to do the floor and carpet myself...my trailer sux and i dont care what it looks like...and who paints a boat???my gelcoat is fine...so thanx for your help but the process has started and is near completion lacking only these things that i mentioned before...but thanx for you help and if anyone else has ideas for me please let me know
Old     (sam8)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-21-2005, 10:02 AM Reply   
Derek,

Our old Seaswirl had brown carpet in it, and it got very hot. So did the matching brown seats.
I'd go with light colors everywhere skin might come in contact with the item in question. A gray and white combo, maybe.
Old     (cla17)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-21-2005, 12:44 PM Reply   
Post some pics so we can see how it comes along...
Old     (munky_flip)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-21-2005, 4:47 PM Reply   
thanx army dad...i will be sure to post pics of the projects chris...anybody else????
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-21-2005, 7:33 PM Reply   
sounds like you are already pretty far down the path. Lots of people paint boats, just not that many ski boats.

If you can do the other stuff yourself custom ballast should be easy too.

Grey carpet, white/grey/black interior, I would guess most new boats are ordered this way with a few people adding colored piping or small swatches to match your teal.

Something like this:

Old     (munky_flip)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-21-2005, 9:39 PM Reply   
mikeski thanx for he help..nice interior
Old     (munky_flip)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-23-2005, 9:24 AM Reply   
anybody know about fiberglassing the floor?
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-23-2005, 10:59 PM Reply   
We did a floor in an old outboard. Just the center section. We used a circular saw set to the right depth and cut over the center of the stringers, front and back then just lifted the old piece out. We put in new marine ply and glassed it in. The edges you yours will be the tricky part.
Old     (munky_flip)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-24-2005, 10:08 AM Reply   
well here is where im at as of today...takin care of the bow as soon as i post this...

Old     (munky_flip)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-24-2005, 10:10 AM Reply