Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 11, 2007

Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-01-2006, 12:44 PM Reply   
Here's a rough edit of some of our best wrecks this summer on the Fox River, IL. Our crew is:

Andrew
Chris
Jeff
Josh
Keith
Liz
Lumpy
Mike
Tanya
Chad
Terri
Tom

Enjoy!
http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php/Updated-version_wakeboarding-photos.html?medid=20617

(Message edited by Lizrd on December 01, 2006)
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-01-2006, 12:55 PM Reply   
good stuff.. What editing program was used?

That one guy is pulling (attempting) some strange Tantrums. Tantrum to Front-side 180 landing while holding on with rear hand... odd.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-01-2006, 1:01 PM Reply   
That first chick got WORKED!
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-01-2006, 1:18 PM Reply   
The program was sony vegas studio 6.... Just a really quick edit to get some clips to the guys.

The guy with the crazy tamtrum is trying to do a regular tantrum... He just ends up doing the weird twisty thing every time he tries one... or else he leaves way early and backflops (last crash in the video)
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-01-2006, 2:24 PM Reply   
oh ya ... i can totally feel the pain of every face plant in that video!
Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-01-2006, 2:26 PM Reply   
That was pretty good, how much Tylenol do you guys go through a summer, I don't think I have ever seen so many faceplants.
Old    walt            12-01-2006, 2:49 PM Reply   
http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php/Updated-version_wakeboarding-photos.html?medid=20617

quote:

That first chick got WORKED!

No doubt !
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-01-2006, 3:38 PM Reply   
Thanks for the link, Walt.

I think you all might be thinking that my BF is a woman...must be his long, blond hair. My whole crew has long hair so its kind of hard to tell us apart.

And yes, we buy pain relievers in econo-size from Sam's Club! There has only been one trip to ER and one emergency dental appointment thanks to our boat (so far).
Old     (uppledup17)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-01-2006, 3:49 PM Reply   
Nice Vid Liz,Was that you with the helmet going for a backroll????
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-01-2006, 4:02 PM Reply   
Yeah, Adam, that was me. The helmet was for confidence! I wasn't positive that the board was going to go where it belonged. I can do three of my four 180s and all four W2W so an invert was the next logical step. Next season I'm ready to rip it in and land that roll!!! I think my attempts were decent though. Everybody kept telling me that backing off was death so I made sure I didn't...of course holding on to the handle in the future will help! Now I have four months of snow to think about landing that thing.
Old     (garman)      Join Date: Feb 2005       12-01-2006, 4:19 PM Reply   
Inspiration!!! Nice!!!! I love the video!!!!

I had a face plant like Mike's at the start of the video back in mid Summer and my neck still cracks every time I turn my head to the left.

Ouch!!
Old     (uppledup17)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-01-2006, 4:20 PM Reply   
Nice attempts for sure, I am sure you will have them by next year. How is Mike doing after his dental issues??? Hope to see you guys next spring unless you I see you guys out in the snow, 12+ inches today yeah buddy!!!!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-01-2006, 4:51 PM Reply   
Dang!

That was an awesome video. Wipe outs vids are my favorite, and you did a great job making sure I winced on numerous crashes.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       12-01-2006, 5:01 PM Reply   
Right on with the video!!! It takes me back to the learning stages... Maybe that is why I stick to the basic inverts now... I took this year off to meet some people that love to ride, and with a little help next year I'm going to throw down a wakeboard film... I have done one real basic with tricks and WW jumps... Thanks for the laughs!!!

p.s. Hope everybody made it out ok...
Old     (wakebadass)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-01-2006, 7:29 PM Reply   
Nice footage, I love seeing videos when i know where the stuff is shot, Doesent everyone love the fox river!?!?!
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-01-2006, 7:45 PM Reply   
GREAT VIDEO!!! Good choice in music, I have always wanted to hear some CRUE on a Wakeboard video...BTW, the guy that almost hit the I/O made me pucker up, lol...
Old     (dcranium)      Join Date: Mar 2006       12-01-2006, 9:56 PM Reply   
awesome!
just when i think i'm ready to try inverts it's movies like this one that sets me straight. i need a few motrin just watching this...
thanks lizrd!
Old     (bennygoodx)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-01-2006, 9:57 PM Reply   
Beautiful!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       12-01-2006, 10:16 PM Reply   
Ben ~~ So what time time of the year do you guys get down to Powell??? Our family hits Powell once a year in July and some other off weekends... Looking to find some other people that likes to party in the sun in the middle of summer!!!
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       12-01-2006, 10:19 PM Reply   
i can honestly say that i have never landed that hard in my life on any of those crashes.

i always wonder what really goes on when people blow out knees and break femurs and such, this is EXACTLY what goes on, not normal riding.

very well put together tho! keep hitting it, altho that backroll attempt was just that, you do understand how the trick is supposed to be done correctly dont you?
Old     (lumpy9138)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-02-2006, 5:13 AM Reply   
Jonny if you aren't hitting the water that hard, you ain't trying hard enough! Now I know why I put up with all the aches in pain during the year. So I can laugh my ass off watching wipe out vids from the year.
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-02-2006, 8:01 AM Reply   
Thanks for all of the positive comments! All the credit has to go to Mike who put the video together - I just posted it.

Lumpy - the backside boardslide plant of yours is classic. You looked pretty good until you disappeared!

Jonny - as far as the backroll goes - those were my first two attempts EVER at an invert and frankly I had no intention of landing either of my first two efforts. I imagine your first two attempts at an invert were much better than mine. I think to do it "correctly" I'd have to try it more than twice and even hold the handle! I'm just proud of the fact that as an over-thirty female I sacked up enough to try something difficult. And yes, I have a solid skills foundation.

Byrd - that 360 to I/O was certainly unexpected by all of us - and them!
Old     (marvin)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-02-2006, 8:02 AM Reply   
By Chris G (lumpy9138) on Saturday, December 02, 2006 - 5:13 am:

"Jonny if you aren't hitting the water that hard, you ain't trying hard enough!"

I have to agree 100%, good call Chris G
Old     (uppledup17)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-02-2006, 8:12 AM Reply   
Yeah Lumpy you took a few tough ones but the boardslide was classic.

Liz don't sweat it I was impressed.
Old     (marvin)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-02-2006, 8:13 AM Reply   
Good stuff,, send more!!!! Thanks Walt for the vid.
Old     (wlxstar)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-02-2006, 10:57 AM Reply   
I had a couple of people wondering if we ever landed anything so I threw this together this morning.

Some of the big progress made this year was
Liz- Half cab, toeside and heelside 180's, switch heelside and toeside w2w jumps, really solid toeside grabs, and she tried her first invert!
Lumpy- Got his heelside grabs and some toeside w2w jumps.
Chad- a friend of ours from the Green Bay area who has only come down to ride twice this year, picked up w2w jumps and some heelside grabs. He can also surface 180.
Tom- He flagged us down from the broken oar dock and asked for a pull- He became a welcome meber of the crew very quickly. He picked up a tamtrum to fakie, 360, elephant and Half cab roll.
Me- Nothing. I battled a messed up knee and busted up jaw all season. I was the slacker of the year.

Anyway.... Enjoy.
http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php/Rip-it-in_wakeboarding-photos.html?medid=20618
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       12-02-2006, 5:04 PM Reply   
it wasnt a knock on you. just some of the falls lead me to believe a few things. i just dont get how you can catch edges like that. i go out and land what i can but when i fall i almost land the trick i was doing, not destroy myself. come ride with me and let me know if i ride hard enough

but keep up the good work, i am not trying to start a flame war and as long as you guys are having fun, keep doin it.
Old     (lumpy9138)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-02-2006, 5:51 PM Reply   
Sorry if you thought I was calling ya dude, that is why I added the smileys. The people in that vid are anything from beginner to advanced, hence some of the edge catching. Plus, they are damn funny to watch.
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       12-03-2006, 11:49 AM Reply   
the second vid was awesome!
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-03-2006, 4:01 PM Reply   
See we CAN land things once in a while! Thanks for another great video Mike! Love that song...
Old     (lumpy9138)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-03-2006, 5:35 PM Reply   
What song is that?
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-03-2006, 5:38 PM Reply   
Ocean Avenue by Yellowcard...what you gettin' old?
Old     (lumpy9138)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-03-2006, 6:03 PM Reply   
Never a huge yellowcard fan. And yes, I thought we had already established that I was getting old.

(Message edited by lumpy9138 on December 03, 2006)