Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 18, 2008

Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-15-2008, 8:30 AM Reply   
it's on alliance's page...looks pretty dope there's a trailer for it on youtube that i would post but safeway blocked youtube...

check it out..looks pretty dope, i wonder how hard it would be to make one????
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-15-2008, 8:34 AM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q77DBaa5L38
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-15-2008, 8:36 AM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvaMnMxoKHw&feature=related
Old     (ziggen)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-15-2008, 8:39 AM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJuVMRuWZvg&feature=related

There's a couple more vids for this, looks pretty fun.
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-15-2008, 8:41 AM Reply   
I want one
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-15-2008, 9:03 AM Reply   
it sure looks like a good way to spend the down time...i wonder how'd it'd look in my living room??????
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-15-2008, 9:46 AM Reply   
It would look F-ing sweet
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-15-2008, 9:54 AM Reply   
yea ur prolly right...
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       01-15-2008, 9:58 AM Reply   
Pretty sweeeeetttt..... But my question is...since the water looks pretty shallow (the one kid fell & it was like ankle deep) are they just popping off the bottom of the pool when they ollie??
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-15-2008, 10:00 AM Reply   
That's pretty rad... JR, do-it... I'll bring the beer.
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-15-2008, 10:11 AM Reply   
Forrest, yeah I noticed that too I'm pretty sure that's what they're doing
Old     (bhog)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-15-2008, 10:12 AM Reply   
That is way cool
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-15-2008, 10:22 AM Reply   
that would take one hell of a pump...i think it would be cool do make though. Testing it would be way fun, could you imagine some of the falls..hahahhahahahahhah..i see it looking like gettin spit off the back of a running treadmill of water...hahahahha

cie fronts the $$$ i'll build it evan..we can put it in the back yard in between the pool and the miniramp...hahahhahahahh
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-15-2008, 10:32 AM Reply   
.....I'm with jr......kind of curious to see what a wipeout looks like!?
Old     (watson_134_lf)      Join Date: Nov 2007       01-15-2008, 11:09 AM Reply   
thats soooo dope!!!
the falls can be that much diffrent from one of those flo ride things tho......
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-15-2008, 11:24 AM Reply   
my school blocks youtube, what's a wake box?
Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-15-2008, 12:11 PM Reply   
looks awesome! i want one. My concern is the popping off the bottom thing too. how deep would it have to be to be legit. my guess is that it looks like 4-6 inches from the video. I would think something more like a foot deep would be it. i would still ride it if it was an inch deep. do they have a website?
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-15-2008, 1:55 PM Reply   
na...no website that i found...

but you could only, realisticly, move water a few inches deep and still make it small enough to fit in the garage or backyard...

anyone know anything about pumps...what is this thing a gigantic sac pump?
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-15-2008, 3:26 PM Reply   
Okay, could this be the fix for the "ollie-ing off the box issue":

Take the box the water is running accross and cut it short by another 4 feet. Basically the water would be flowing across the box creating the pressure needed to stay up, then into a pool. You would be standing over a 1ft pool area with the water shooting across the box giving you legitimate full water ollies.
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-15-2008, 3:30 PM Reply   
hmmm that sounds like it could work I wanna build one it would be perfect for winter time boredness
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       01-15-2008, 3:36 PM Reply   
Cool stuff there for sure....but i still dont condone those guys not wearing a USCGA life jacket...someone could get hurt and...sink to the bottom...?
Old     (tnctryboy)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-15-2008, 3:53 PM Reply   
just found this..... http://www.thewakebox.com/ has the specs but need someone to translate...
Old    mendo247            01-15-2008, 7:18 PM Reply   
Thats really cool!
Old     (flying_fro)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-15-2008, 9:24 PM Reply   
There is some pretty good info on it on alliances web site. go check it out http://www.alliancewake.com/ its on the front page
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-16-2008, 7:06 AM Reply   
Hi guyz,

I contact the company in europe and i received a quick reply from their side in french of course and i will do my best to translate

Dear Max (its me hihihi),

First thank you for your interest in our super concept wich is the Wakeboxthat is already a sucess in Europe and that we wish to become one soon in Canada.

For now we are developping the Europe with our concept but Canada will come in a short period of time, we already have some contact that are really interested in our concept, we will be listen with care all your comments and suggestion (oh i feel important).

We now produce the Wakebox in 2 commercial model :
- The mobile that can be carried on a Truck for events, beer tours, boat shows and etc

- The Big-One which make 5meter wide and 2 riders can perform at a time, for competition and this is more for aquatic park and thisng like that, mainly like those on youtube.

HERE IS THE GOOD PART : LOL

the investment budget for a wakebox in around 300 000 - 400 000 EUROS depends on models and option and this is from France.

After all question where you hear from us, what is your sector of activity and bla bla bla

sorry guys for my bad translation but i speak french and i made my best but i no i am not bood at least you understand i am OK !!
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-16-2008, 10:34 AM Reply   
so what does 300 000 - 400 000 euro's equate to in $$'s?
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-16-2008, 11:58 AM Reply   
I think it's $440,000 ?
Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-16-2008, 12:04 PM Reply   
An online article for the surf thingy that's similar to this says that they start at $700K. There's no way a pump and a little foam should cost that much.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-16-2008, 12:15 PM Reply   
Dante, here is a thread about this 1 year ago. http://www.norcalwake.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=871
and the guy 2L82SK8 is a mechanical engineer who knows his stuff. He explains a lot about what it takes for one to work and why it costs so much.
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-16-2008, 12:18 PM Reply   
that's crazy I'm pretty sure you could make one pretty cheap (as in a few thousand $) I mean it may not look as good or be as high quality but I'm sure it would work but then again I might not have any idea what I'm talking about :-)
Old     (owenitall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-16-2008, 12:52 PM Reply   
yeah, somebody told me on here once that they thought a flowrider costs as much, or more than a cable park. that seemed off to me and i'm not sure why, but if you could make them cheaper, i am sure people would be doing it.
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-16-2008, 1:00 PM Reply   
that's a good point . . . .
Old     (wakecis)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-16-2008, 5:01 PM Reply   
what if the riding area were at a slight angle, and the water flowed from a higher pool to a lower pool. Not only would gravity saves thousands in free energy, but the added strain on the upper body would more nearly simulate riding.

somebody make that. would be real cheap. just need a pump to transfer the water from the lower pool to the upper pool after the ride.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-16-2008, 6:06 PM Reply   
Charles, that pump from the lower pool to the upper pool is the issue in your equation. The flow up HAS to match the flow down so you are not really gaining anything.

I kinda like the idea of a jet ski setup idea. Here is my concept. Create a 15ft long, 10 foot wide, and 2 foot high box. Put a box in the center of that thats 8 feet long, 8 feet wide, and 1.9 feet high. Thus you have a box in a pool. Then you setup a mounting system for either one or two jetskis at one end with the impeller in the pool and the jets pointed across the inside box. Whoila, a gas run pump with a recyclable water source and no return pump needed, since the entire thing is a pool.
Old     (wakecis)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-16-2008, 6:27 PM Reply   
that's not the energy i'm talking about. i'm saying use gravity to create water flow. you save in not having to create horizontal water speed from a machine. if the upper pool flows from the bottom of it, the weight of the water above and gravity ought to create speed.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-16-2008, 7:13 PM Reply   
Charles I agree with your concept, but you would either need a VERY large pool which would slowly fill allowing a limited about of riding time, or a pump to Re-fill the top pool from the bottom as fast as it drains to create the "unlimited ride" effect.

Correction on my plans, instead of an inside box, just a box with a flat deck connecting the sides for the water creation surface, that way its one pool with a water flow surface.
Old     (cable_rocker)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-17-2008, 3:51 AM Reply   
the wake box is every year at the boot convention in germany! the next ones starts next week! everyone can test by his self. the use is for free

but that thing is big difference to real wakeskating! it feels and handles completely different. otherwise, in cold winterdays, it fun to have something like this in the basement where you can chill with your friends!!!

(Message edited by cable_rocker on January 17, 2008)

(Message edited by cable_rocker on January 17, 2008)