Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (boardridesurf)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-07-2006, 5:21 PM Reply   
I just ordered a 2007 Centurion Enzo (w/o the switchblade, but with 3 ballast tanks). I weight about 180 lbs and have never wakesurfed before, however I have windsurfed on waves a lot and I also wakeboard and feel that I should be able to advance fairly quickly. I do ride goofy foot so from what I have read, the wake wont be the best on the starboard side. I would like to have a wakesurf board that everyone can use from my wife at 115lbs to bigger guys to 200 lbs. I am sure that I will end up buying an advanced board in a year or so, so what would be best for now for trying 3's and even trying to learn to jump a little?
Thanks for your help.
Old     (christopher)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-11-2006, 11:38 AM Reply   
Talk to the guys at inland surfer and see what they reccomend they are very helpful and know a lot about which board will work for everyone... We have a 06 enzo w/ the switchblade and ballast in the rear locker and factory but we all ride switch to surf the portside and it is amazing... we found we its much easier to put more weight on the portside and get an amazing wake than to load the starboard... and it never was as good as the portside.. I ride goofy but i ride switch and I love it... we didn't get ours with the blade on it and we had no problems surfing w/o it.. it makes a little difference surfing but wakeboarding it makes a huge difference...
Old     (lksamm)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-11-2006, 5:35 PM Reply   
Austin-

I have an Enzo and we only load up the port side. I'm goofy (footed)so I ride back side and have for several years now. The cool thing is, when you ride switch, you are front-side. It's tough at first, but just bite the bullet and learn to ride backside AND switch. You won't be sorry.

FYI, I ride the Inland Surfer Yellow and I'm about 175 LBS. It works great for me, it's fast and has quite a bit of pop for getting air.