Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old    stoked27            08-06-2005, 7:57 PM Reply   
I've got bad tennis elbow in my elbow, and it makes my tantrums really painful. I was thinking after trying a whirlybird, and my elbow kept giving out (trying to pull the handle across my face), would it be possible to do a two handed whirlybird? Granted, it probably wouldn't be considered a whirlybird, but is it still possible?

I figure that part of a tantrum is having your shoulders squared-up, so you need to let go with your back hand, but with the whirlybird you're twisting, so would it really matter so much if your shoulders weren't squared up?

Let me know if anyone has any inputs, ideas, or comments on this.
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       08-06-2005, 8:02 PM Reply   
I think then it would almost be more of a S-bend.

So maybe just go for that instead.
Old                08-06-2005, 8:26 PM Reply   
it would be an ugly S-bend, more like a front flip
Old    stoked27            08-06-2005, 8:42 PM Reply   
I dunno though, a front flip would need the handle to be more at your hips. Just because you have two hands on the handle doesn't mean that you can't pull your bicep across your eyes to get the twist. And by pulling the handle towards your back shoulder, it would prevent the forward rotation over your leading shoulder that you would need for a frontflip.

(Message edited by stoked27 on August 06, 2005)
Old                08-07-2005, 12:26 AM Reply   
the only way i see that happening is after you have initiated the overhead 3 one handed, when you start getting wrapped up you can grab back on. If you leave both hands on the handle for a tantrum, your doing a frantrum.
Old     (wakedude83)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-07-2005, 11:14 AM Reply   
If you do a whirly the right way, the handle isn't heavy at all. Just keep trying a normal whirly.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-18-2005, 10:54 PM Reply   
ricky g used to do a spiderman, which is a whirly with the backhand instead, so one would assume that you could have both hands on. however, he also said he can't do them anymore because we ride too fast and at too long a length nowadays.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-06-2005, 4:12 PM Reply   
checkout this vid:

http://www.valtierrakutz.com/AlmostFamous.wmv

apparently it's dustin doing a double s-bend, but it also gives an idea of what a two-handled whirly might look like.
Old     (razorjaw)      Join Date: Jan 2003 Location: Australia       10-31-2005, 9:35 PM Reply   
Sure looked like a 2 handed whirly...In fact that's what I thought it was before I saw this thread!