Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old     (cwbwakeboarder)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-27-2004, 1:50 PM Reply   
im looking to buy a diff board due to my older bro taken mine but anyway im looking at a cwb absolute plat or a hyperlite byerly i am i aggrise rider and love a lot of pop and soft landings i dont have time to go out and demo boards thats what i want to do but i cant which board due you think would be best for me?
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-27-2004, 1:52 PM Reply   
everyone knows, only aggressive people ride hyperlite.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       09-27-2004, 1:53 PM Reply   
If my brother took my board, I wouldn't get a new board, I'd get a new brother.

(Message edited by wakestar8878 on September 27, 2004)
Old     (cwbwakeboarder)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-27-2004, 2:05 PM Reply   
yeah really it sucks but then again i get the new board and he get to stick with the old 02 model anymore suggestions
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       09-27-2004, 2:16 PM Reply   
Well most people on this board would probably say the absolute, for two reasons: 1) it’s going to be similar to what you were riding. 2) Because there is so many Hyperlite haters on WW.

I've heard many people who ride the Byerly say that they love it. A few people on WW say they've tried it and didn't like it.

I would probably say stick with the absolute because although it has been updated, it should still ride similar to the '02 you rode before. I'm sure people like Stephen H. and Brandon Poser can tell you about the new absolutes better than I.
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-27-2004, 2:28 PM Reply   
I had a 02 byerly dna. hated it. went back to my 02 premier. then switched to the 03 absolute and now I'm riding a 05 Ricky G which is basically the old premier.

IMO, the absolute is much better than the byerly.
Old     (d_o_double_g)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-27-2004, 4:12 PM Reply   
Brandon, you can get a new '04 Byerly 137 for $339 to your door at Wakeside.com. Otherwise, I'd go with the idea of a new brother.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-27-2004, 4:36 PM Reply   
Hey thanks Shawn, i got mentioned by name as someone who knows something (first time for everything!). Honestly I don't understand why when anyone ever refers to an Absolute it has to be a Platinum. Personally I prefer the normal core & a $100 bill! Brandon, the Absolute is going to be a lot more forgiving on landings and such versus the Byerly. The Byerly is a unique ride that is vastly different from the Absolute. If you like the way your current boad rides picture it just being a little faster and having smoother landings. The new 2005 is sick!! I've been riding it finless, it slows it down a little but makes it so much fun to ride and spin. I just think you have greater odds of liking the Absolute.
Old    wakeboardn4life            09-27-2004, 5:02 PM Reply   
substance enough said ive rode the hyperlite premier 141 dna and didn't like it at all the substance is awesome ton of pop soft landings with the 142 great board i love it
Old    er2004            10-26-2004, 8:33 PM Reply   
I have been looking at two different boats lately one is the Malibu 2004 Wakesetter VLX and the other is 04' Supreme Sky 208, I enjoy both boats, but I never hear about Supremes. I always hear about MC, or Malibu?? Why is that? Is Supreme just not as good or what?? The purpose of buying this boat is to wakeboard off the back, I just learned this summer off the back of my Jet Ski, and believe me the wake behind that is a joke!!! So what boat would you experienced boaters and wakeboarders choose???
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-27-2004, 8:44 AM Reply   
Brandon ~ Absolute.

Rebecca ~ start your own thread.

Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-27-2004, 10:45 AM Reply   
OBRIEN PLAYER!!! DONT BE A FOOL BY OBRIEN!!!!!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-27-2004, 10:59 AM Reply   
no one is going to appreciate comments like that.
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-27-2004, 11:01 AM Reply   
What was your old board Brandon? Do you want one to ride like it? Enough people on here have tried out a ton of boards and could tell you what would match up with your old board, then you could "buy" a similar one.

Toolfan - no more upside down triangle thingy??
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-27-2004, 2:45 PM Reply   
its eddie valdez i think the hyperlite 3ds is a good board it is fast and has a lot of pop.
Old     (jrad)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-07-2004, 3:59 PM Reply   
double up pure ride 141 is the best board ive ever ridden.
Old     (cwbwakeboarder)      Join Date: Dec 2003       11-07-2004, 4:18 PM Reply   
my old board was a 02 cwb absolute plat im looking for something similar to that board keep them comming guys thanks
Old    upupnaway            11-07-2004, 7:06 PM Reply   
I demo'd the byerly for a while. It was a really good board, but not my style. It spun easily, and it rode well, but here is why I did not buy it.
I ride a parks, and am used to the board locking in immediately on edge. The byerly seemed a little slow to grab when starting my cut to the wake, and felt a little loose on the landing. Also, It seemed to require alot more edge during the cut to maintain speed.
The plus of it is, having to use more edge for the same speed meant alot more vertical pop. The looseness allowed me to pull off a few tricks that I should not have, but cost me a few I should have pulled out.