Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-11-2004, 8:22 AM Reply   
I just bought my new 05 Byerly 137. I rode the 04 and enjoyed the feel of it, thought it would be gimmecky at first. Wanted to wait for the white deck in 05. My question is, should I buy the 04 Byerly bindings which I like the feel of, or wait for the 05? I hear there are significant changes in the 05, just wanted to see if I should wait for them.
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-11-2004, 8:25 AM Reply   
u might aswell wait, it turns out that the liquid force bindings might be tonnes better than the hyperlite bindings.

its worth waiting just cause of all the new materials being used in bindings (which hyperlite don't currently use), this will make an altogether better binding!
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-11-2004, 8:31 AM Reply   
Thanks I heard one scary post about LF quality of stitching. Unfortunately I haven't been able to ride LF bindings yet, none of my friends have them to demo but I've heard good things. I might throw on a pair of demo 04 byerly bindings for cheap for the rest of the season and then look at a new pair for 05.
Old     (sloshake)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-11-2004, 9:18 AM Reply   
Or if you wait till the 2005 come out, you may be able to get the 2004 bindings at 1/2 the price...Then judge for yourself if the difference is worth $200.
Old    jrh2001            08-11-2004, 6:12 PM Reply   
the new byerlys are sick. the overlays have an alligator skin look and are alot lighter. plus the new rubber is almost imposible to break.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-11-2004, 6:37 PM Reply   
Harry:
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/184611.html?1092180747
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-12-2004, 9:35 AM Reply   
jrh thanks for the input I'm probably going to go with the 2005s when they come in. Anyone have any idea when we should see the '05 Hyperlite gear in stores? For now I got a set of Demo '04 Byerly bindings for cheap that have been used all of twice (once by me) so I thought that was a good setup for now. I've been meaning to try out LF and CWB bindings just haven't been able to demo them yet and have been happy with Hyperlite.