Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (gunford)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-18-2013, 1:23 PM Reply   
Looking to upgrade from 2009 Nautique 216V and recently spent a few days on the X30. There was not a rattle on the boat (20hrs on it) and the water ski wake @22mph for my 8 year old was much better than the 216. I am in favor of the 230 cause of the NSS but wife says the wake for skiing needs to be the same as the X30. Has anyone been in the 2014 230 yet?
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       08-18-2013, 2:58 PM Reply   
Not me yet. Is it a new hull or just a new deck?
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       08-18-2013, 4:31 PM Reply   
"The wake for skiing needs to be the same as the x30". Huhhh. The 230 is a wakeboard boat first, and the x30 page shows slalom as first listed activity. Good luck with the wife.

You guys need to decide what is most important activities to use the boat for. When the kid decides he wants to wake board and surf you can trade the x30.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-18-2013, 6:19 PM Reply   
"When the kid decides he wants to wake board and surf you can trade the x30."

Well that is an odd comment. Hey Scott, have you ever wakeboarded or surfed behind an X30, especially one nicely weighted? If not, here are some shots of an X-30 wakeboard wake with about 3k. The surf wave is the best wave I have surfed btw. So easy to setup and large.

in response to the OP's question, the hull design plus the wake plate allow you to really adjust the wake and mellow it out for skiing at higher speeds.
Attached Images

Old     (gunford)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-18-2013, 8:08 PM Reply   
I spent a few days and the wake was quite good for my other son that boards and me that surfs.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       08-18-2013, 8:16 PM Reply   
Sounds like you found a boat that fits your needs. Pull the trigger!
Old     (gunford)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-18-2013, 8:19 PM Reply   
After owning a Nautique I really need to demo the 230 before making the decision.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       08-18-2013, 8:32 PM Reply   
You reference waterski wake at 22mph... This confuses me a bit. I don't know of many boats that don't have a wake, when unweighted, isn't traversable on waterskis? I'm surprised that the X30 had a flatter 22mph wake than your 216 since the 216 is smaller... Waterskiing, as well, you can change the rope more, run 22off if you need to get in closer to a cleaner part of the wake.

Buy a boat that you want and fits your needs, but unless I am missing something, 22mph ski wake for an 8 year old... they should all be about the same, which is pretty big and sucky compared to an actual ski boat...
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       08-18-2013, 8:51 PM Reply   
I'd be willing to bet whoever is going to be skiing behind the SAN 230 isn't going to be very happy,especially at 22mph.
Old     (Teamcanada)      Join Date: Apr 2013       08-18-2013, 10:25 PM Reply   
I would echo 501s. My x30 wakeboards great and surfs even better. Plus with surf tabs you can weight evenly and get a nice wake and switch side in seconds. Or load up your favourite side and you will have an unreal surf wake. I surfed an 08 230 on Friday with 6 adults plus a 400# sac in the bow and all tanks full and it was nothing even close to my x30. Like always you should try both out though to make the best decision for yourself.
Old     (05sante)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-19-2013, 5:30 AM Reply   
2014 210 and 230 hulls are new. Good luck finding anyone that has any experience behind one.
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-19-2013, 6:38 AM Reply   
Talked with a Nautique factory rep yest and was told that the hull changes for the 210/230 are pretty much all topside changes. Don't expect anything diff in the wakes.
Old     (gunford)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-19-2013, 5:05 PM Reply   
I thought I read somewhere that they weren't that bad to ski behind could be wrong though.
Old     (paulharenberg)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-19-2013, 6:57 PM Reply   
I would not buy a ski or wakeboard boat based on the ski wake at 22 mph. I would buy based on the wakeboard wake at 22, the ski wake at 30-36, but not a ski wake at 22. The kid will grow up and ski faster speeds or drop the sport completely, and the ski wake at 22 mph will be a moot point.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-19-2013, 11:46 PM Reply   
^^^ agreed.
Old     (schmo)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-20-2013, 11:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicron View Post
Talked with a Nautique factory rep yest and was told that the hull changes for the 210/230 are pretty much all topside changes. Don't expect anything diff in the wakes.
The majority of changes were on the topside, but the bottom side has been tweaked a bit to better integrate NSS and tweak the surf and wakeboard wakes a bit. Maybe not drastic, but they are tweaked. Here are the words right from Nautique's VP of Product Design:

Greg Meloon: The original running surfaces served as the starting point for the 2014 redesigns. We kept the good things about the hulls but also made hull modifications to create even better watersports performance. The hull is now optimized for the NSS Waveplates and the chines have been tweaked to further clean up the wakeboard wakes. The all new ballast system is larger than before and creates an even bigger wake than the previous models. Both the 210 and 230 are now deeper in the interior, increasing comfort. The new helm is more stylish and functional. The new packaging now includes popular items like the LINC display, board racks, premium mirror and team steering wheel at a price that matches last year’s starting package. These new boats are now arriving at dealers all over the world so contact your local dealer for an in depth viewing of the next generation of these classic