Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-23-2010, 4:59 AM Reply   
We're coming up on our 5th anniversary, and I am having a hard time thinking of a good gift. The traditional gift for the 5th is "wood" (LOL), which makes it even more difficult. I'd like to keep it under $200, but will spend more for the right thing. Any ideas? I may just have to go to the default gift (jewelery), but I'd like to get creative.
Old     (chris4x4gill2)      Join Date: Sep 2009       03-23-2010, 5:22 AM Reply   
Jewelry box or jewelry armoiur. Can get them easily in the $200 range.

what about a set of end tables for the living room?

Any other type of furniture piece she might like? hall tree or sideboard maybe? those probably be over $200 though.

I did the top two for my wife, she loved them.
Old     (chris4x4gill2)      Join Date: Sep 2009       03-23-2010, 5:22 AM Reply   
and yes...........I refrained from the obvious comment you set up
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       03-23-2010, 6:21 AM Reply   
I've only been married for about 3 years but b/c I try and buy jewlery on only one "special" occasion a year ( christmas, valentines day, b-day, anniversary) It leaves me open to searching....lol.

My wife really likes the massages/spa gifts.

A dermatologist friend of mine recommeneded this gadget...my wife absolutely loves this thing.

http://www.clarisonic.com/us/shop/so...ng-systems.php
Old     (Matt)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-23-2010, 6:33 AM Reply   
I bought her one of these last year... I was the sweetest guy in the world...
Its not wood but they do come in a little wood & bamboo box

http://www.timelessmessage.com/index...FUyE7QodpW73zQ
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       03-23-2010, 7:52 AM Reply   
I like the jewelry box idea, I got one from Pottery Barn for Xmas and I LOVE it!!! maybe put some earring inside to make it more personal?

www.potterybarn.com/products/andover-jewelry-box/?pkey=ggftgbpccc[/url]
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-23-2010, 8:08 AM Reply   
How about a gift of something, doesn't matter. But, add to that a note about how you really feel about her. Buy her a jewelry box...

But in it, put a letter to her telling her what it's been like to be married to her for 5 years. Spend some time on this and tell her how you really feel. The little things you like. The things that bug you but you can laugh at. Special little moments that you remember but she may not (until being reminded by you in the letter). Things she did for you that really affected you. Things you learned being married to her that you didn't expect.

Spend a week writing this letter, making a first draft then going back to re-read and edit several times. Put it in a nice envelope on nice stationary.

Or, inside the jewelry box, on little separate pieces of paper write little "jewels" about her like: You are _____ (warm, athletic, patient... whatever. Just all the things you like about her.)

This will be more heart-felt and better than any $$$ gift you could buy. Done right and with time & thought, she will love it.

Last edited by ottog1979; 03-23-2010 at 8:10 AM. Reason: more
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-23-2010, 9:11 AM Reply   
Thanks for the great ideas so far.

Problem with a jewelry box is that I bought her one a few years ago (which she actually asked for for xmas or something), but she never used it. I ended up using it on my workbench for a while, and then selling it on CL.
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-24-2010, 1:46 PM Reply   
Gift Card??? hahah. jk. Clearly im not married