Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (deltaridah)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-14-2008, 1:48 PM Reply   
I have seen on threads that most if not all boats have a tranny and a v-drive which is two seperate things. I was honestly unaware of this. My question is were is the dip sticks to cehck the levels on these in a 06 sanger? I have seen that changing it is very similar to, the oil and you pump it out. is this true and do you heat up the fluids by driving it to pump out or with a fake lake?
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-14-2008, 3:15 PM Reply   
Soli~ the tranny is right in front (back, since V-drive engines are in backwards) of the engine. On my Sanger it is a Velvet Drive. It has a dipstick in it. The V-drive unit (mine is a Walter) is right in front of the tranny which changes direction of the drive shaft and points it toward the stern. You may have to lift up your back seat to access it. It has a dipstick in it as well. Mine is a '99, but I don't think Sanger has changed. Running Fake a lake wont heat up these fluids unless you put it in gear, and thats not a good idea out of water.(no lubrication for driveshaft) so I always change fluids after running the boat in the water.
On a '99 Black Scorpion
Tranny = trans fluid
V-drive = 30w oil

No Manual??

edit: I think I've seen an access cover on the newer Sangers, so you may not have to lift the back seat

(Message edited by rio_sanger on May 14, 2008)
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-14-2008, 6:55 PM Reply   
V drive- lift up your back seat then the carpet cover you'll see a black round knob right on top, twist then lift out.

Trans- pop your engine cover its (facing the back of the boat) forward and to the left of your v drive. Mine is darker orange in color. Same thing twist to loosen then pull.