Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 21, 2007

Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-14-2007, 10:28 PM Reply   
Here is the description of the board that my wife was reading about. It is the Eden 130.

This new deck allows the rider to push her limits with a more explosive toeside snap. A line of boards playing favoritism to the toeside rail due to a wider asymmetrical profile, deeper molded-in fins, step down rails, and a wide vented channel exclusive to only ½ of the board.

Toeside Rail:
-Deeper molded-in fin gives a rider more bite for additional stability while generating a stronger edge hold all the way up the wake's transition.
-.25” wider asymmetric profile with more of a squared off tip/tail. This allows the board to rise higher up the wake and the added surface area gives a rider more snap even at a slower speed.
-More exaggerated step down rail grips additional water when on edge complimenting the deeper fins for a stronger hold.

Heelside Rail:
-Narrower profile with additional sidecut so the board can create more speed.
-1.8” wide vented channel. Additional water flow makes for a quicker ride.
-Shallower molded-in fin lets the board release quicker off the wake.

I did not realize they make boards that are asymmetrical. What happens when you want to learn switch. Won't that do the opposite of what the board is made to do?
Old     (kel_dub)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-14-2007, 10:36 PM Reply   
No, it is designed to help with toeside riding, which will be the same riding both switch and regular.
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-15-2007, 3:44 AM Reply   
It is the same board as the State and Kellen is correct.
Old    sealyon.net            02-15-2007, 6:42 AM Reply   
Kellen is right.Also the boots have to be mounted in the direction marked on the board.

(Message edited by kerby on February 15, 2007)
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-15-2007, 12:04 PM Reply   
yea, i guess that kind of explains it. i always thought of a board having boots either direction, TS or HS, goofy or regular, and it all being the same.

makes sense to me now. thanks.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-16-2007, 5:22 AM Reply   
She might want to take a look at the Ronix Crush (girls version of the Vault) its an updated and vastly improved design from the state.

(Message edited by kristian on February 16, 2007)