Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 22, 2005

Old    dahui            11-06-2005, 6:04 PM Reply   
I just came a across a dilemma a few weeks ago. I had ordered a pair of LF minx bindings for my wife. They arrived just like I had ordered. A week later my wife said, "what else did you order in a LF box." I said, "nothing, I swear." The company mistakenly sent me another pair of the same bindings that I had already ordered and received. I know they didnt charge me twice because I used paypal. What would you guys have done in this situation? I just wanted to get opinions and then I will tell you what I did.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-06-2005, 6:17 PM Reply   
send 'em back, maybe they'll hook you up with something.
Old     (nautyboy)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-06-2005, 6:21 PM Reply   
Karma's a bitch! I would never wear those things behind a boat! Send them back for sure!
Old     (depoint50ae)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-06-2005, 6:22 PM Reply   
Sell them unless you could use them. In that case keep them
Old    walt            11-06-2005, 6:29 PM Reply   
Send them back.
Old    mendo247            11-06-2005, 6:36 PM Reply   
im a firm believer in karma.. you can look this 2 ways.. maybe you have really good karma and this happened to you for a reason.. or maybe this is a chance to prove to yourself you can do the right thing.. or hey if you have the same luck my friend just had with his liquid force bindings id hang on to them cause his fell apart the second time out! so you may need them pretty quick anyways.. although im sure theyve improved on some of the 05 problems...
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-06-2005, 6:36 PM Reply   
I'd call the seller pronto and tell him/her what happened.
"This above all; to thine own self be true."
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       11-06-2005, 6:37 PM Reply   
Threads like these always crack me up, here is why...most people would love to tell you that they would send them back. I would be willing to bet that if you took 100 people and this happened to them and nobody new, 75 or more would keep them. Yeah I know Im gonna get slammed for saying that but it is true. I would send them back though ha ha ha actually I would be to lazy to send them back.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-06-2005, 6:41 PM Reply   
Daniel - haha so true
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-06-2005, 6:44 PM Reply   
I'd send them back after calling as long as LF paided the shipping. LF is an outstanding company. I'm sure they would hook you up with some goodies.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       11-06-2005, 7:29 PM Reply   
It’s all up to you, a test of character.
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       11-06-2005, 7:36 PM Reply   
I'd send them back dude.
Old     (wakeme884)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-06-2005, 7:38 PM Reply   
Had the same thing happen. I received my bindings AND a new wakeboard. I called and they had the board picked up. A week later another box arrived-a slalom ski and another wakeboard. I called them and they had them picked up. Two weeks later I found a wallet w/ a $50 in it and no id. Karma does pay of sometimes....
Old    lamreaux            11-06-2005, 7:55 PM Reply   
What Daniel says is true ... but I'd be one of the other 25 who would send it back.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-06-2005, 7:58 PM Reply   
sounds like they have a case of a disgruntled shipping and recieving employee on their hands over there at Liquid Force.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       11-06-2005, 8:11 PM Reply   
I had the same thing happen with some speakers that I bought on ebay. They didnt come forever so I contacted the seller. They came a day after I contacted them and then came again in about a week. I contacted teh seller and told them what they had done via email. 2 months later the still hadnt responded so I sold them
Old     (jrad)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-06-2005, 8:24 PM Reply   
I would most def send them back
Old    dahui            11-06-2005, 11:12 PM Reply   
Yeah I sent them back asap. They actually emailed me a ups shipping label. I threw it on the box and dropped it off at the UPS store. I actually felt pretty good about myself for doing that. They came from a boardshop - not LF directly. They seemed really suprised that I called them and told them. I didnt even them hit em up for any free stuff.
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-07-2005, 12:11 AM Reply   
Well thats cool man, you definitley did the right thing.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-07-2005, 12:18 AM Reply   
I think in these scenarios there is also another element to a person's decision; their past experiences with "doing the right thing". I know, I know, past experiences should not have any effect on a person's rational over ethical dilemmas. I have however been pretty pissed over finding several purses, a laptop, a wallet, and some other stuff and recieving hardly a thank you(let alone a sincere one!)on occasion! In my personal opinion if someone returned my wallet, laptop or whatever, ENTIRELY intact, I would toss em at least a twenty for being honest and my being stoked on getting my things back. But thats just me. I guess if they were shook in the moment and not thinking straight (which I could understand) and were more thankful later, (these all happened at a grocery store I worked for) they knew where to find me. Or at least thank me sincerely the next time they shopped there. Just my .02
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-07-2005, 12:22 AM Reply   
Same kinda thing happened to my buddy a couple years ago when he was taking off for college. HE ordered a laptop around 1100 dollars, and when he got it, it had another laptop in the same boc with it which turned out to be worth about 1700 dollars. Well his mom who was the buyer for the first said he had to call and tell them. So he did, and they checked the tracking number and the adresss shipped and what they sent, and they said well we dont seem to see anything about it so whatever you got you can go ahead and keep it. Good thing too cause he got really drunk having gotten to college and breaking loose and pissed all over the cheap one. But hey he still has another. Just call the worst that could happen is a big thankyou, and prolly some free
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       11-07-2005, 7:39 AM Reply   
You don't do the "right" thing for reward or thank yous...you do them because it is the right thing. Karma has a way of repayiing you with interest!

Eric
Old     (phila)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-07-2005, 12:36 PM Reply   
Keep them one pair will probably break. Wait, nevermind they`re not hyperlites.
Old     (l7wakeboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2005       11-08-2005, 6:40 AM Reply   
I'm glad you sent them back, it was the right thing to do. Can you imagine the completely different direction this thread would take if posted on the "other" site? I guess I just think there is a much more mature crowd of here... for the most part!
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-08-2005, 8:06 AM Reply   
In this situation shouldn't the words 'right' and 'wrong' should be more appropriately change to 'Honest' and 'Dishonest'?

Old     (clubjoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-08-2005, 8:20 AM Reply   
(x) send it back
( ) keep it
( ) sell it

Hey KG.....What's the ruling on boarders leaving gear on your boat, but they live in, say............JERSEY! Is it ok to keep it, or do you have to give it back, when they return to California?
Old    drewsky24            11-08-2005, 7:38 PM Reply   
Screw carma, keep em!!!
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-08-2005, 8:06 PM Reply   
ahhh Touche' Joe!

Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       11-09-2005, 12:37 AM Reply   
Call them. That happened too me once and they charged me twice. Karma will get you no dought.
Old    alanp            11-09-2005, 7:17 AM Reply   
da hui believe it or not lf monitors these boards. ive had them contact me regarding posts ive written and i know i cant be alone. you did the right thing.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-09-2005, 1:15 PM Reply   
good job da hui....right AND honest choice. Something similar happened to me 2 years ago. I sent them back with a note and paid shipping myself. The shop sent me a whole bunch of cool clothes. We are more blessed when we bless others.
Old     (rodeo)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-10-2005, 8:41 PM Reply   
Amen, brotha'. Sorta same thing happened to me last year. Out w/friends to hooters for supper then Wal-Mart after. Went to put the buggy up outside and the cart in front of mine hade a Doone&Burke purse in it. Took it back inside to the manager and left it. In hindsight, I wish I had at least opened it and gotten a name. I don' t know what the manager did w/purse, but I coulda followed up. Excellent choice, God Bless