Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old    bambamski            02-26-2004, 9:29 PM Reply   
Thanks to everyone that took some time to help me out with a design for the sundeck of my boat. I can't take any credit for the design, and in the end Greg Vogt came up with a great idea. Just got everything back. X within the X for X-10.

Here are some picks

Old     (dbjts)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-27-2004, 12:37 AM Reply   
Do you fly the swastika aswell.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-27-2004, 12:47 AM Reply   
David the Iron Cross doesn't really have the same meaning in the States. Its more of a cool thing, nothing to do with the Nazi's.
Old     (dbjts)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-27-2004, 2:24 AM Reply   
Kristian I didnt really think he was a Nazi, just having a giggle.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-27-2004, 2:32 AM Reply   
I guessed so, but was just making sure, I won't be the first time I've seen someone get confused by the meaning of it.
So Pat, any pics of it on th boat?
Old     (blackandblue)      Join Date: Oct 2002       02-27-2004, 5:13 AM Reply   
Right on Pat, I think it looks great. Congratulations.
I tell ya, I love it when people put in the extra effort to do the custom work to make their stuff one of a kind.
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-27-2004, 5:54 AM Reply   
How did you do that? What material composes the "X" and how does it stick to the vinyl?

How durable do you think it will be?

nice job.
Old    walt            02-27-2004, 6:30 AM Reply   
That looks sweet !
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-27-2004, 6:30 AM Reply   
Good job Greg. Nice design.
Old    bambamski            02-27-2004, 7:38 AM Reply   
Kristian, no picks of it on the boat yet. It's still in winter storage so it'll be a couple more months until I get everything together.

NO I'm not a Nazi, however I do shave the head down to the wood so I hope nobody gets the wrong idea when I'm on the water.

David, we did a couple of experiments with it stiched into the vinyl and on top the vinyl. The design from before, Mastercrafts standard one, was starting to wear at each seam. So instead of stitching it in and creating a weak spot we stiched it right on top of the vinyl. It does create a small bump so I'll have to watch it to make sure it doesn't catch on anything. I think this design will hold up longer than other way of doing it.

Greg was the mastermind behind it and the weakest link being me, had to draw it full scale. There is one cross that's not exactly correct but it's pretty close and was kind of hard to match it up perfectly.

Overall I think it looks great, I have to thank Alpine upholstery here in Calgary for doing a great job.

Big Thanks to Greg as well for taking some time out and helping a fellow wakeworld boarder!!!