Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old    gobiggrom54            07-19-2004, 11:33 AM Reply   
I've never rode behind a SAN but a lot of people say it's the sickest wake ever. I'm just curious to know how it's differnet than like an x2 wake or any other wakes. What's the shape and size and everything and wht makes it so sick?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-19-2004, 11:56 AM Reply   

Depending on how you weight it, the wake can be very steep and very hard. Just going W2W feels like you're a lot higher. If you're not used to it, it can throw you all over the place until you're comfortable on it.
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-19-2004, 12:13 PM Reply   
the SANTE's wake is like hitting a wall. very steep and very big. like J-Rod said, if you arent ready for it, it will throw you around. mastercraft's generally make a mellower but fatter wake. the SANTE's wake is steeper and not as fat.
Old    color_pros            07-19-2004, 5:23 PM Reply   
Its not hard to get booted with little efort.My SAN is loaded with about 2000 lbs and the wake is off the hook.I dig malibu wakes also.I just like that snap of the SAN.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-19-2004, 6:58 PM Reply   
The wake is steep. Its the only V-drive boat I have ridden. So I cant compare it with any else. I like how it pops you up with ease unlike my malibu response. Try before you buy.
Old    wakechick            07-20-2004, 5:18 AM Reply   
Like J-Rod said, the wake can be very steep depending on how you weight it down. It might be the sickest wake for some people, and the worst for others. It depends on what you like. Compared to a Malibu VLX wake it is definitely more steep. A VLX wake is more rampy and doesn't normally buck you like a Nautique wake. With a Nautique wake you kind of get "effortless pop," meaning you don't have to try too hard to get a good pop off of it. The wake on a Nauti also seems to be more narrow than a Malibu or any other boat I have ridden behind. I haven't ridden behind a Mastercraft in a long time so can't give a good comparison, other than I know the Nautique wake is more steep.
Old    hockeynriding03            07-20-2004, 6:55 AM Reply   
I have a SAN and also ride behind my friend's X-10. The Nautique's wake is steep and has an abrupt kick on the top of it and can pop you really high. My friends X-10 wake is softer and seems almost flat compared to the SAN. It is rampy compared to a wall and without the kick. When I ride behind my boat I feel like I get about twice as high compared to when riding behind the MC. Although, if you are not used to the SAN wake it can throw you off axis and suprise you very easily until you become comfortable with the wake.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-22-2004, 6:38 PM Reply   
dont compare it to the x-10 compare it to x-2