Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2009

Old     (michaelb)      Join Date: Feb 2009       06-12-2009, 8:25 AM Reply   
ok, so i want to be able to ollie over a bouy,and i have gotten the board that high i just cant seem to get it consistent,so i was wondering what anybody had as far as advice.
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-12-2009, 9:00 AM Reply   
Just keep playing around with it until you can ollie in your sleep... if you're thinking about ollying when you do, you'll probably mess up.

Also, pump the board once before you actually ollie to break some of the surface tension and give you more leverage.
Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       06-12-2009, 9:03 AM Reply   
^^^ pump with your back foot or front or both?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-12-2009, 9:07 AM Reply   
Yeah you need to do almost a "Pre" ollie before you really snap off a big Ollie.

Check this video out of me you will see what I mean. You can see me pump hard then snap a big ollie.

http://www.wakepics.com/video/20673/booya-ollie
Old     (michaelb)      Join Date: Feb 2009       06-12-2009, 9:28 AM Reply   
yeah,i have noticed that, the more you pump the higher and easier you can go,but is there a limit to this idea,like it's good to go to 3 pumps but x number of pumps will make you drag more.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-12-2009, 10:45 AM Reply   
I just pump once usually. Also remember as a driver and a rider that a little extra speed will make the water harder = higher ollie. As a driver and a rider I like just a little bump in the speed so I can get a better snap and still not have my timing too off. I also edge into it resulting in some more speed = higher ollie.

Aside from technique one the workouts you can do to increase your ollie height is plyometrics. I strapped an old board over the springs on my trampoline creating a "deck" to land on. I stand on the ground and do standing jumps onto the trampoline. I also jump off the trampoline and focus on absorbing the landing helping to build the muscles for when I take tricks into the flats.