Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (hawaj)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-26-2010, 7:04 PM Reply   
wow finally something interesting, not a copy of a wave like flowrider, just like poccet river surfing ... and you can use regular board with regular fins

http://citywave.de/en/

Old    surfdad            06-26-2010, 7:57 PM Reply   
That's cool! I love the acid drops in to the wave.
Old     (brewkettle)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-27-2010, 5:24 AM Reply   
Cost???
Old     (bennn)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-27-2010, 6:25 AM Reply   
thats sick i think they have something like this on one of the royal caribbean cruise ships
Old    Chaserwaser            07-07-2010, 12:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennn View Post
thats sick i think they have something like this on one of the royal caribbean cruise ships
Right, thats the flowrider though, which is way fun ( I went on it ) and I think I would way rather have that then these two, just preference though, the flowrider seems alot bigger then these, just seems like these would get old pretty quick going back and forth like that
Old     (hematoma)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-07-2010, 1:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaserwaser View Post
Right, thats the flowrider though, which is way fun ( I went on it ) and I think I would way rather have that then these two, just preference though, the flowrider seems alot bigger then these, just seems like these would get old pretty quick going back and forth like that
X2, atleast on the flowrider you can pull up in the barrel and get some time covered up. This going back and fourth would get boring.
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-27-2010, 8:34 AM Reply   
ive never played the lottery until now ....... i want 2 ....... a wave like that one and then a double size wave ....... and you will all be invited!
Old     (hawaj)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-28-2010, 1:23 PM Reply   
for cost ask at
http://citywave.de/en/
Old     (hawaj)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-28-2010, 1:27 PM Reply   
I remember there was some dude making this from 4 (or more) steel containers, but water wasn't so deep so they must use shorter fins
Old     (floatingguru)      Join Date: May 2010       06-28-2010, 1:39 PM Reply   
Finally somone got it made. There have been a ton of people working on these systems worldwide. Surfcity Texas and James Fullbright had a similar but bigger design. Google him for more info.
Old     (hematoma)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-07-2010, 1:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingguru View Post
Finally somone got it made. There have been a ton of people working on these systems worldwide. Surfcity Texas and James Fullbright had a similar but bigger design. Google him for more info.
James Fulprice lol, Thats what we call him back home, you can't get a discount with that guy to save your life. Yea his surf city idea would have been nice. Different levels of memberships, surf all yr on a CLEAN LEFT OR RIGHT!!! Epic, I don't think he ever got the money backers on board though. Fulbright is a world class shaper and surfer he owns a little surf shop down on Galveston Island Tx. Also do a search for him doing TANKER surfing in Galveston bay. I think the longest wave they road was 3 miles or something crazy like that.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-02-2010, 2:55 PM Reply   
Dang that thing is sick. Anyone know the general principle?

Also anyone know the song in the top video? I dig it. The song in the 2nd video....not so much
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-07-2010, 12:59 PM Reply   
thats way cool. I need one
Old     (meraculus)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-08-2010, 11:55 AM Reply   
It might get boring but it's better than not surfing when it's flat for 2 weeks. It's a good start, and I'm sure over time it will get scaled up to a better bigger wave. Wakesurfing can get boring, but it's exciting to see the sport grow and to see wakes getting bigger and better. More waves = more surfers = more money spent on surfing = more money invested in surf technology = better waves = more surfers...

http://www.surfcitytexas.com/about_the_park.html

http://www.milestosurfmovie.com/
Old     (hematoma)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-08-2010, 2:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by meraculus View Post
It might get boring but it's better than not surfing when it's flat for 2 weeks. It's a good start, and I'm sure over time it will get scaled up to a better bigger wave. Wakesurfing can get boring, but it's exciting to see the sport grow and to see wakes getting bigger and better. More waves = more surfers = more money spent on surfing = more money invested in surf technology = better waves = more surfers...

http://www.surfcitytexas.com/about_the_park.html

http://www.milestosurfmovie.com/
Your right summertime sucks nuts for any good swell unless you get some hurricane swell. I couldnt wait for fall and winter to come around. Get those cold fronts and off shore winds. Epic.....
That movie miles to surf has the tanker surfing in it. My buddy Fred (olmoomba) on here, we tried to trade James Fulbright a wakesurfing session for the secret spot they caught those tanker waves at. He wasnt going for it though.