Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (ReSession)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-11-2013, 8:31 AM Reply   
Hey guys,

I have a 2011 Supreme V226 that throws an amazing wave but the warranty is up at the end of next Summer and I'm looking to trade up to a new (or slightly used) Centurion, and the FX-22 has caught my eye. We only surf in my crew, and I don't have kids so I'm not trying to find an all-around ski boat to tube or ski behind either. Best surf wave if what I'm after!

I love the deep V hull on the Supreme V226 and the FX-22 seems to have a similar hull (which I'm looking for because we have a fairly big lake up here in VT, and the Supreme hull cuts through the chop when I need to get on the main lake and cruise downtown). They also appear to have similar freeboards which I really like!

Not sure I need the bigger engine (sounds like the stock 343 does a good job?) but really looking to get some feedback/input from someone who's surfed behind one of these and has an idea what type of wave you get from the Supreme V226. I'm not looking to go backwards regarding my wave size/length, but there aren't any dealers out East here that carry the FX-22's...I ran into the same situation when it came to buying my V226, so I ended up buying it sight-unseen/never test-drove it and couldn't have been happier. Needless to say, I'll likely end up doing the same and just trading in my V226 and arranging for the dealer to ship out the FX and pick up the V226 in exchange.

I'm looking for quicker ballast fill time (likely would go with a 2013 leftover model vs the 2014, even though the 2014 has the Ram Fill option) along with better fit/finish/gadgets...still trying to keep it under $70-75k.

Thanks for any feedback...at this point, I'm not really looking for other boat brand suggestions so please no thread highjacking