Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-08-2010, 10:04 AM Reply   
So I'm not sure who engineered the mounting placement for this tower, but they were morons. I've got a titan swivel wakeboard rack and a titan surf rack on the left side of the boat, the wake racks are on the bottom and the surf are on top.
The issue is when I have two wakebaords and a surf board in them I have to slide the top wakeboard way back, so it doesn't hit the other rack, but it rubs against the bottom of the surf board and really pushes up on it. Luckily the bindings on that board are short and not stiff, so I can force it. If I put my slingshot up there, with the drivers bindings, then I might as well not even hope to put the surf board in the rack.

My question is does anyone have a solution for this? I want to keep both titan racks, and want to be able to fill them without having to jerry rig it.....
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-08-2010, 10:19 AM Reply   
You need the nice racks drop downs.

http://nice-rack.com/cart/index.php?...products_id=12

Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-08-2010, 10:22 AM Reply   
I looked at those, but it says it has to work with that brands rack. I'd like to get one that works with the titan racks. I'm just baffled at what a poor design this is.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-08-2010, 10:44 AM Reply   
So the drop down requires you to use a non illusion x rack? Seems weird that they'd do that. I thought the drop downs just relocated the mounting holes for a STD illusion x pattern down the tower a bit.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-08-2010, 10:49 AM Reply   
Could have swore I read that on there, but I might be wrong, because I can't find it now. If that's the case I'm buying a pair today. In fact it would help lower my foil rack on the other side, making it easier to put it on the rack when it's out of the water.
Old     (bawshogg)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-08-2010, 10:50 AM Reply   
I have the same setup on my boat. titan actualy made a few different angled forks for that very reason. When I first bought my bought I had the same issue. Then I got the dealer to swap out the forks on the lower rack(spinner) to give the proper clearance. Titan got bought out by Malibu, so there may be support in the future, but I dunno. I think these guys may be able to help though.http://menacewatersports.com/ I think they build stuff off the old Titan cad files or something. They may have or be able to get ya some of the lessor degree forks. i wana say they are like 30 degrees or somethin like that.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-08-2010, 10:51 AM Reply   
Sent them an email to make sure
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-08-2010, 10:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawshogg View Post
I have the same setup on my boat. titan actualy made a few different angled forks for that very reason. When I first bought my bought I had the same issue. Then I got the dealer to swap out the forks on the lower rack(spinner) to give the proper clearance. Titan got bought out by Malibu, so there may be support in the future, but I dunno. I think these guys may be able to help though.http://menacewatersports.com/ I think they build stuff off the old Titan cad files or something. They may have or be able to get ya some of the lessor degree forks. i wana say they are like 30 degrees or somethin like that.
Nice, thank you. I'll look into them
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-08-2010, 11:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjh1669 View Post
Nice, thank you. I'll look into them
lemme know what you find out because I will be getting the drop downs eventually too, and I don't have their racks.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-08-2010, 4:53 PM Reply   
There are two different angled forks as mentioned above. There is a lower and upper fork at 30 degrees and 45 degrees respectively. Check out my pictures on my page. Add me if you need to. And to add on, the drop down rack will be a slight issue when you make sharp turns. The bindings will hit the water.

Last edited by cavlxenvy; 04-08-2010 at 4:57 PM.
Old     (greg2)      Join Date: May 2002       04-08-2010, 5:57 PM Reply   
Can you rotate the forks 180 on the lower rack to get more space between racks?
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-08-2010, 6:35 PM Reply   
it would angle down. not recommended.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-08-2010, 6:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavlxenvy View Post
There are two different angled forks as mentioned above. There is a lower and upper fork at 30 degrees and 45 degrees respectively. Check out my pictures on my page. Add me if you need to. And to add on, the drop down rack will be a slight issue when you make sharp turns. The bindings will hit the water.
It's a power-turn prevention device!
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-09-2010, 8:04 AM Reply   
Haven't heard back from them yet. Ryan the only pic I see on your profile is the girls one, which is very nice , but I can't really see your racks
Old     (bawshogg)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-09-2010, 8:45 AM Reply   
If you look at his pic, the white boat in the background,(I know it's distracting) you will see the boat has 4 titan racks on it. The lowers have the lessor degree angled forks and the uppers have the higher more vertical degree forks. Plan as day when you lookl. That is the same setup I have.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-09-2010, 9:40 AM Reply   
It took some serious effort, but I was able to look past the girls and see the racks. I emailed Tommy's to see if they could swap out the forks on my surf rack, since both my wakebaord and surf rack are angled the same, up. They are brand new, so I don't think it'll be a problem
Old     (greg2)      Join Date: May 2002       04-09-2010, 3:04 PM Reply   
Rotating my titan rack forks puts them level not angled down...these may be different.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-09-2010, 3:32 PM Reply   
yes it is hard to look past the racks to see the forks. I can understand that completely. I have more up close pics if needed.
Old     (bawshogg)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-09-2010, 3:39 PM Reply   
I don't believe they have a different angled fork for the surf specific rack, atleast if it's the big single rack.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-13-2010, 3:12 PM Reply   
So tommy's stepped up again and swapped out my older wakeboard forks for new 35 degree ones, for free. The older ones had the the rubber coming loose and they didn't say a word.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-13-2010, 6:44 PM Reply   
yep, its all about having the upper rack with the high angle fork bend and the lower rack with the obviously lower more straight fork bend. uppers and lowers there called. you are basically running the surf rack on top and an upper bend on the bottom. you either gotta deal with it or buy a new rack or get creative.
Old     (nicvtx1994)      Join Date: Sep 2009       04-14-2010, 6:56 PM Reply   
the racks that we have over here in austraila you can adjust the forks to suit the lower or upper mount. i am one of the Austrailan dealers and we use

www.optionindustries.com.au
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-15-2010, 4:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
It's a power-turn prevention device!
so true but if you surf, they will sometimes hit as well. My boat is not a surfing boat for what its worth.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-15-2010, 5:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicvtx1994 View Post
the racks that we have over here in austraila you can adjust the forks to suit the lower or upper mount. i am one of the Austrailan dealers and we use

www.optionindustries.com.au
I like those