Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (rplogue7)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-11-2014, 5:53 PM Reply   
Sup people. So I'm 5'10", 150 lbs and I was riding a parks Modello 2013 139. I thought that it was a decent board. The pop was decent, nothing huge of a difference from the district 138 I had been on before. The board tracked really hard too. The cuts were pretty fast. I had the opportunity to try a William 2013 135 And absolutely loved it. Contrary to common belief, the smaller board with a mellower rocker line and a continuous rocker gave me more height and felt poppier. I also felt more control underneath my feet. The next day I brought in cash and bought the board. It was too good to let go. So I'm wondering, could the pop have come solely from the intelligent core? the only variable differing between the two boards was the intelligent core. Could that have made the whole difference? it's hard for me to believe, especially since I've been selling boards for two years now. share your thoughts and experiences. thanks all!
Old     (hotrod508)      Join Date: Oct 2013       08-12-2014, 6:04 AM Reply   
I've experienced the same phenomenon ....especially when your riding a 141 or 142 for a long time and start riding a 139. I think it's weight balance on the board. After changing boars, I've come into the wake in the past and landed on my back from more weight on the tail. No denying muscle memory centers your weight in a certain place after you ride it for a while. I riding the dean smith code 22 , some people say it has a "late" pop, I think it is a board that just has to be laid on its rail all the way thru the wake!
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-12-2014, 7:25 AM Reply   
I'm not usually one to buy into tech of any kind, but there is some magic in the intelligent core. I have a Bill for the park and I have strapped it on for wake/rail hybrid sessions behind the boat. I can land everything on my Bill just fine and I have always said that if I only owned one board it would be the Bill, but one set later when I hop on my William, I feel like superman. They weigh about the same, but the William just snaps off the wake way more powerfully. It is really a cool feature and I hope they keep with it for a while.
Old     (rplogue7)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-13-2014, 2:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post
I'm not usually one to buy into tech of any kind, but there is some magic in the intelligent core. I have a Bill for the park and I have strapped it on for wake/rail hybrid sessions behind the boat. I can land everything on my Bill just fine and I have always said that if I only owned one board it would be the Bill, but one set later when I hop on my William, I feel like superman. They weigh about the same, but the William just snaps off the wake way more powerfully. It is really a cool feature and I hope they keep with it for a while.

Was anything different about the William in the way it rode, or any other way than the pop?