Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-27-2012, 7:46 PM Reply   
I have an 07 mailbu VLX.. So I noticed my wedge was not up all the way yesterday.. So I hit the switch to lift it up, one of the actuators was frozen and the other one completely pulled itself apart. So now what?
Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       03-27-2012, 8:32 PM Reply   
Be sure to replace both actuators at once, because if you replace one at a time in my experience, the old one will shortly fail afterwards. We stopped using my buddies powerwedge after we went through 6 actuators in half a summer.
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-27-2012, 8:39 PM Reply   
Its the first time this happened.. Do you know were to get them cheaper than on Bakes? I mean I could run 1000ks in the trunks instead of 450s.lol
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-28-2012, 12:30 PM Reply   
Michael, this is the reason most people will recommend not running your wedge more than one or two clicks up from the lowest setting. When you start fully engaging the wedge at wakeboard speeds it puts an incredible amount of stress on the actuators. Most of the time, for a large majority of riders, the wedge one or two clicks up will add the perfect lip to the wake and not over stress the components. Yes, Malibu engineers them for full deployment, but over time it takes it toll on the actuators, and burns up a lot more fuel in the process.

Not sure how you were using the wedge, but for future use you might want to try this first.
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-06-2012, 11:15 AM Reply   
I usually never run past 2 clicks, just because I run so much weight...

Were can I buy the actuators? is there a model number?

When resetting them do I have to be in the water to do so?
Old     (daren)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-06-2012, 12:01 PM Reply   
I just went through this last year.

Call Lenco, they will provide you with the current part number. When I called, I was given the number 15060 (but you should double check). Then search E-Bay or Amazon or whatever (recommended by Lenco). I picked up 2 brand new actuators on Ebay for $385 total! They have an MSRP of $285 I think, you can verify this on their website.

I had the dealer install because it is supposed to be tricky to get them to operate in sync. If they don't operate in sync, they will rip each other apart. So, I saved a couple hundred, but it's still expensive.

Lenco also recommended replacing the 30 amp fuse with a 15. This way if one quits, the other will blow the fuse prior to ripping itself apart.
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-09-2012, 10:56 AM Reply   
Daren,

Thank you so much for all the information. Im going to just have to install them myself, because it is impossible to get the boat to a dealer right now.