Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 24, 2008

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-19-2008, 5:19 PM Reply   
My family is looking at a brand new 2007 Sanger V230 and I have a few questions about this boat. We are doing a water test on Saturday because we have never been in or behind a Sanger. I plan on boarding, driving, surfing, and pretty much putting the boat through its paces. However, I would like to go into this water test well informed.

1. We would like to replace the rear tanks with fat sacks, but I don't know what size fits and if I add more to the back do we HAVE to add more to the front (part of the reason we are getting a v-drive is to not have sacks on the floor.)

2. Is one side better for surfing? We are all regular footed and surf the port side.

3. Is chine lock a big problem in this boat?

4. What do you all think of the Scorpian 330HP engine? Is that big enough for this size boat?

5. What do you all think of the "Chubby tower"? Is it sturdy? Easy to fold down? Quiet?

6. We surf about 60%, board 30%, trick and water ski the other 10% of the time. Will this boat kick up a great surf wake with extra weight?

Anything else I should know about or look for when testing this boat?

Thanks, Patrick