Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-09-2009, 2:09 PM Reply   
Check out the new boards!

http://slayshblog.com/?p=3941
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-09-2009, 3:25 PM Reply   
Shred stixx sent me this. "On the comp I, there will be new graphics, new traction, and ePtech Construction. All board dimensions are the same. The 2010 Shred Stixx Custom will be the Hazen Elevation, launches Jan 1."

(Message edited by duffymahoney on November 09, 2009)
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-09-2009, 7:15 PM Reply   
i need to try out a shed stixx board. ive never tried one
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       11-09-2009, 9:17 PM Reply   
dude im sorry you never got on the one i have!! what happens when you guys bring so many boards!! will want to do another run thursday afternoon mitch if you want to go!!
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-09-2009, 9:26 PM Reply   
frank, ill be at work all day
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-09-2009, 9:45 PM Reply   
I love my Ja Mako and my Comp1. I can't wait to try the elevation! Here is some of the new info on the board.

The 2010 Shred Stixx Custom has been under development for the last 9 months between founder Jerry Price, team rider Chase Hazen, and the Stixx Team Shapers. Although some minor tweaks are still being made, the Hazen Elevation is getting close and will be ready for the water in the Spring of 2010. The Elevation features a step deck with build in stomp pad, a carved channel on the bottom, and slightly modified nose. The Elevation is the same length as last years comp I and gives advanced riders the extra release for big airs and snap turns.
Old     (no_stale_fish)      Join Date: Mar 2009       11-09-2009, 11:53 PM Reply   
Wow I can't believe the the hype on these boards they are average at best one of the most over hyped boards out there, A lot of money for board made in China , Nice web site They know how to embed with the best of them ,Only USA boards for my crew Bring It
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-10-2009, 12:03 AM Reply   
On your third post? really?

Welcome to wakeworld Back Paddler, really glad you came by.

Back on topic:

I love the Comp I that I have, can only imagine how it rides with some changes to the build... Can't say I like the new graphics though.
Old     (jon_tollefson)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-10-2009, 6:48 AM Reply   
Haaha nice one andrew!
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-10-2009, 8:46 AM Reply   
I sure would at least like to try a Comp 1 in the Seattle area, but no one seems to have one. If someone can get their hands on one let me know.
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-10-2009, 8:56 AM Reply   
yeah dont think because you buy the board your going to surf like chase,every board works diffirent for diffirent riders. I tryed the shred stixx and coul nt even surf,not saying any board is better than any other board its just you as a rider and want you want to do back there.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-10-2009, 9:01 AM Reply   
can anyone tell me what is the deal with the River Stixx board???? I'm guessing this is for surfing a standing wave in a river without any boat involvement. Very unique. Would love to see vids of someone ripping up the boards!
Old     (havasu_sue)      Join Date: Feb 2009       11-10-2009, 9:11 AM Reply   
Wow I can't believe the the hype on these boards they are average at best one of the most over hyped boards out there, A lot of money for board made in China , Nice web site They know how to embed with the best of them ,Only USA boards for my crew Bring It
LMAO! Not just SS but ALL Chinese made surfboards are junk. I've bought plenty of them, my family will never waste another dime on one after the delamination drama we went thru last summer. If you do decide on China board stixx make sure you DONT leave it in the direct sunlight.
Old                11-10-2009, 9:45 AM Reply   
Havasu Sue, you obviously ride in Havasu where it gets scorching hot. I have heard of the delam issues from the heat. What manufactures do you recommend? I have been looking to buy a board and don’t want it to delam after a day in the desert.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-10-2009, 9:56 AM Reply   
I have a 2009 custom comp 1 that was hand built, hand glassed (in the usa)and it's amazing. I also ride with people that own threshers and fish stixx. All boards have never had any issues. I never leave my board in direct sunlight for very long though. I have read horror stories of boards falling apart in long periods of direct sunlight.

I started this to thread to promote an awesome brand that I love, not to let people complain. I have ridden most boards. But not even close to all(I would love to ride all), but everyone that is under 180#s thinks the comp1 is the best board ever made hands down!
Upload
Upload
Old     (no_stale_fish)      Join Date: Mar 2009       11-10-2009, 11:54 AM Reply   
follow the rest of the sheep
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-10-2009, 8:39 PM Reply   
So im in the market to buy a new board and i already have a shred stixx piranha from 06 and i really like it except its not good for spins. I ride my friend CWB Tsumani. Does shred stixx have a board close to that?
Old     (deepcove)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-10-2009, 9:00 PM Reply   
I would have trouble justifying the purchase of a board made in China for the price SS charges when you consider what you can access made in the usa at a comparable price.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-11-2009, 9:55 AM Reply   
Thanks deepcove, that is totally helping. Until I ride a board better than my comp1 or the ja mako I will continue to love shred stixx.

David,
You can spin a shred stixx board(surf style) but having bigger fins makes it a little tougher. If you really want to spins, maybe you are into skim type boards? There are a lot of great brands that sell skim type boards. If you want more of a surf style, Dennis has a video showing how to spin on a surf style board. It's more about technique more than the board. My buddy can surface spin my comp1 easily with 4 huge fins!
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-11-2009, 11:11 AM Reply   
Duffy, how did you get a US made shred stixx board?
Old     (ollies_drew)      Join Date: Jan 2008       11-11-2009, 11:16 AM Reply   
AMERICA HELL YEAH
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-11-2009, 11:42 AM Reply   
You can order a comp1 custom(through shred stixx directly or dealers-reps), I actually believe you can order any of their other boards custom. I don't work for the company or anything so don't quote me on that:-) I got mine 2nd hand. When you get a custom board they aren't epoxy like the mass produced boards. This makes them more fragile, but I think it also makes them feel alive!

I think you can get custom boards from most of the manufactures.
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-11-2009, 2:52 PM Reply   
So funny to hear your guy's bashing, based upon where a products made. I bet half of you guys drive a Honda, or BMW, or Toyota. What type of athletic shoes do you have? Nike? Addidas? Tell me what's so "USA" about any of those. If you had an opportunity to have a Ferrari, Bugatti, or Lambo, would you say no because their not American made? If you said yes to that, your probably lying. I personally buy based upon quality, and performance of any given product, and ShredStixx has never failed me. I currently have 6 S.S. boards, of which one is epoxy (china), and the rest are foam /glass resin boards (USA). All have held up well, and perform excellent! J.M.O. on things.
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-11-2009, 2:55 PM Reply   
Boycott overpriced Chinese manufacturing that engage in inhumane labor practices. There are plenty of high performance options out there every bit as good as Stixx but made by surfers for surfers and not 12 yr olds working 14 hour days(skimstyle or surfstyle)

Help America keep jobs in America

(Message edited by CAskimmer on November 11, 2009)

(Message edited by CAskimmer on November 11, 2009)
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-11-2009, 3:02 PM Reply   
I remember when Academy Snowboards were the bomb and and always had a model considered "top wood" until the year they got a bad batch of epoxy causing tens of thousands of boards to delam within hours. While this was an extreme and rare situation it is indicative of the quality control of Chinese products
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-11-2009, 3:15 PM Reply   
I agree, it would be neat if all of the products I love and purchase were american made, but that is a very hard thing to do. I love my toyota tacoma, and it's been the most reliable truck I have ever owned. I am most likely a toyota customer for life because of it. Stixx are really well designed boards and it shows when you surf them. There are tons of other great brands and they may work better for some peope, IE.... walker, stretch boards, endlessbreak, mob, vernor, inland surfer, phase 5, (sorry if I didn't mention your favorite brand) etc.... and I almost forgot surfdad:-)
Old     (deepcove)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-11-2009, 3:16 PM Reply   
Greg,

That is a hillarious analogy. I think a USA made automobile would be the last thing one should use to make a point. LOL

I am just saying if a manufacturer such as SS is going to farm out production to china I beleive the savings should be passed onto thier customers rather than padding their bank account. They should have domestic made product at a price point relevant to compeditors domestic product ans thier China import should be a lower price point due to significantly lower production costs. This has nothing to due with quality.
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-11-2009, 3:27 PM Reply   
Wardovision; It sounds like you are suggesting that EVERYTHING in China is done by "12 year olds" Not EVERYTHING is done that way overseas. Most of the "Inhumane" practices you refer to are very characteristic of Indonesian ways. You probably remember the Addidas soccer balls made by 6 year olds, in sweat shops. I fully support your opinion on things like that.
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-11-2009, 3:55 PM Reply   
I wish Honda would make a surfboard....
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-11-2009, 3:56 PM Reply   
and I'd much rather give my money to other surfers. Nothing compares (in both quality and "soul") to a board made by made by someone who loves to ride as much as (or more than) you do. I like knowing my purchasing decision enables others to live the surfers dream.

Also like I said Academy Snowboards were using the absolute best in overseas facilities and if it can a catastrophic glitch can happen to their boards it can happen to Stixx. Too late to do anything about the season's run if the canister is already delivered.
Old     (bigobuck)      Join Date: Sep 2009       11-11-2009, 4:15 PM Reply   
There is a reason why they call it Sacred Craft http://www.surfboardshow.com/
Old     (wakesurf_ohio)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-11-2009, 4:22 PM Reply   
"I wish Honda would make a surfboard...."

That'd be convenient for me, I wouldn't have to risk getting boards shipped to me, I could just go a mile from my house and pick it up from the Honda plant.

I think how a board rides for an individual is more important than where it is made, just so happens that all of the boards that my friends and I ride are made in the US.

Back to the point of this thread though, I like the fresh look of the new boards, especially Becci Ort's pro model. Kudos for another company making a women's pro model board!
Old     (riverrunner)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-12-2009, 7:45 AM Reply   
It is funny that so many on this board will try to tell others where they should buy and where not to buy.

I tell you what, when one of you starts signing my pay check you can tell me what brand to buy and where to buy it until then keep it to yourself.
Old     (rlsv211)      Join Date: Oct 2009       11-12-2009, 8:11 AM Reply   
Who builds boards in the USA that are not custom or semi custom boards?
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-12-2009, 8:38 AM Reply   
alot of boards..just look around
Old     (havasu_sue)      Join Date: Feb 2009       11-12-2009, 10:39 AM Reply   
Shooter, My daughter is sponsored so it wouldn't be prudent to recommend a specific brand. Made in the USA is all i can say.
Drew World Champion agrees, America Hell Yeah.
Wardovision, your passion is most respectable.
Wakedoc, why all the attitude? From what we understand, you don't even ride. If you dislike riders educating riders in an open forum, you should keep it to yourself.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-12-2009, 11:35 AM Reply   
Susanne, please don't post on this thread. I honestly wish I wouldn't have started this post, because I hate threads like this. If any board company that is "made in the USA" wants to send me a surf style board, that I can compare to the comp1 or the ja mako do it, and I will do a whole write up on what I think and how it compares:-) I like futures quad fin setup and I weight around 170. If I like it more, I might even buy it.

I think Drew was actually making fun of this thread, and the posters:-) I could be wrong
Old     (brewkettle)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-12-2009, 12:11 PM Reply   
Duffy , were is your location,

ok i found it , i have not seen anyone offer a quad board except s/s . I also have brewed beer at Hal& mals in jackson miss,.

cheers

(Message edited by brewkettle on November 12, 2009)
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-12-2009, 12:41 PM Reply   
My little tiny brewpub is in Sandpoint Idaho. I am only 2 blocks from my marina slip. Life isn't too bad.

I know walker does a quad or at least a form of a quad, and so does vernor. I bet stretch would also do one. I just like the way the quad fins feel, and I really like the drive they create.

I know wakeoutlaws does a sweet demo day. I would love to ride their Enzo's and surf a whole bunch of boards. Anyone in my area that wants to ride a comp1 or a ja mako or a thresher let me know. But you will have to wait till spring. My ski hill should be open in weeks:-)
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       11-12-2009, 12:48 PM Reply   
"Wakedoc, why all the attitude? From what we understand, you don't even ride. If you dislike riders educating riders in an open forum, you should keep it to yourself."

That is actually funny! For one, Wakedoc you dont ride? Second, how are you educating riders other than to say "Buy American". You did not make one comment on how the board rides.

Duffy is right, this is just one more thread that has gotten hijacked.
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-12-2009, 2:03 PM Reply   
How so? Stating that I think Stixx lost their soul by moving to cheap Chinese labor (without a difference in price) is still on the topic of "2010 Shredd Stixx". I'm entitled to my opinion on them as much as anyone else.
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       11-12-2009, 2:30 PM Reply   
I tried to ride one.....over and over.Couldn't turn it if my life depended on it,might as well have been a kneeboard cause thats what it reminded me of,very disappointed.

My Stretch that is waaaay to small for me,and all my bad habits,seem to work like a charm.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-12-2009, 2:50 PM Reply   
Which board?
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-12-2009, 3:52 PM Reply   
I never knew so much hate existed for ShredStixx. I guess I'm one of the few odd ones here that really likes their SS board.

Then again I have a US made Comp I, so I may be missing out on any problems people have experienced with foreign made boards.
Old     (riverrunner)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-12-2009, 5:04 PM Reply   
Let's play a game?

Guess who Susanne Hillin (Havasu_sue) really is?

What we know...

The WakeWorld id was created on February 20, 2009. She first makes 4 posts in the camera section before showing up in the wakesurf section trying to look legit.

She first bashes WakeOutlaws, then post right after waterdog (h20k9) [aka billy clark, ascboards] backing up what he has to say. Next she bashes WO again by trying to tell people she is going to the Texas Wakesurf Championships in Austin which happens to be billy’s “wakesurf contest” that is the same weekend as the WO contest, the same thing he tried to do the year before. She then makes fun of Stretch boards, asking if they wakesurf or even have a boat. Which is truly a laugh since billy owns a “wakesurf company” but, does not own a boat. The next post is in this thread where she attacks Shred Stixx which we all know billy has a hard-on for boards made in china and takes every chance to go after Shred Stixx. I make a commit and he, I mean she, goes after me, about my attitude and says, “From what we understand, you don't even ride”. Which is ironic since it is the exact same thing billy has said in the past. Thing is I ride just about every weekend, as a matter of fact I ride with several members of this board on a regular basis but, hey he loves spreading rumors. So checkout the screen shots below taken from WakeWorld that back this up.

Upload
Upload

Next let’s take a look at the 360wakeboard site in Austin that he hangs out on. Checkout this profile wakesurfmom where have we seen that before? That’s right it’s the email address on Susanne Hillin (Havasu_sue) WakeWorld profile. Something else is strange, both profiles were created the same day around the same time but, the WW profile lives in Arizona and the 360 profile lives in Austin. Also on the 360 profile she is a “Broker/Developer” and on the WW profile she is a “ProGolfer” do a search for her stats she is a really good “pro” golfer. Finally cannot say that I am totally shocked that the profile has two post on 360 both talking about how great billy is. Checkout the screen shots below taken from 360 that back this up.

Upload

Here is something else to think about, Back Paddler (no_stale_fish) has a total of 4 post, 2 in this thread bashing Shred Stixx, 1 making fun of jdjjamesz and one that has been deleted where he was bashing WO.

Duffy sorry about being part of what this post has become, you know me and I usually stay out of it but, I am sick and tired of this person with multiple alias bashing other companies and people and never being called out for it.

Now let me hold the envelope in front of my forehead and make a prediction of the future. waterdog (h20k9) [aka billy clark, ascboards] or one of his MANY alias will come on here calling me a hater among other things for simply pointing out the facts.
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       11-12-2009, 6:03 PM Reply   
Duffy,pmed you.
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       11-12-2009, 6:25 PM Reply   
Where is the thread of her/him making fun of djjamesz?

LULZ
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-12-2009, 6:28 PM Reply   
Duffy, sorry your post got all crazy,I think everyone is entitled to like a board that works for them and what there stoked on,thats all that matters some people like this board some people like other boards,isnt that what wakesurfing is ,who ever stoked!!!
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-12-2009, 6:32 PM Reply   
gunz,what up whats your story on saturday im down to hit up the lake ,if you have time.
Old     (isurf)      Join Date: Feb 2009       11-12-2009, 10:13 PM Reply   
Wakedoc, your laughable. We bought our enzo after doing a demo ride day on the ASC enzo, so your no boat blah is lore. Also, Sue is my wife we have 3 children 2 of them ride for ASC. I reside in ATX and Houston, her between ATX and AZ for work.
We are both very active in our scene,ride and boat forums.
It was pro wakeboarder Mitch Bergsma who told us you couldnt ride or judge because you havent seen your feet in 20 years not billy btw. Heres the FACTS big guy, MOST of the riders here wont purchase a china stixx, So quit acting like a donkey, get off billies jock.
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-13-2009, 1:32 AM Reply   
Maybe what is truly laughable is that no body knows how to use the PM button.
Old     (txsurfjunkie)      Join Date: May 2009       11-13-2009, 5:34 AM Reply   
Not to get in on the bashing but, Who the hell says wakedoc cant ride? We have riden with him on several events and weekends. He rides and rides well! as far as the other BS going on here that is up for you guys to hash out. Ive only been on one shred stixx board and I didnt like how much work it takes to ride it. I prefer my walker and IS sweet spot.
Old     (brewkettle)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-13-2009, 7:21 AM Reply   
@ andrew
i know how to use it .
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       11-13-2009, 8:37 AM Reply   
WOW! Is it winter already?
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-13-2009, 9:49 AM Reply   
Wow is right! Isn't this suppose to be fun?
Old     (riverrunner)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-13-2009, 12:00 PM Reply   
What is truly “laughable” is the fact that you think that the members of this community and not smart enough to realize that you post under multiple alias.

Well then billy how did you demo an Enzo on your Enzo when you don’t own a Enzo but, you like to tell everyone you do. You must be using a different alias on other boat forums since you do not exist on the one your “wife” does. Like I told you the last time you quoted Mitch Bergsma, I have never met him in my entire life, which means he would not know whether or not I could ride so much as a big wheel and has NEVER been to a WO event, if he had he would know that I have never judged or ridden in an event that I was part of. Can you say the same thing? From billy the person that is driving and judging his own event and slowing the boat down for his “team” riders when they are losing the wave to try to make them look better.

Let’s look at billy’s waves (isurf) alias post count.
1. first post ever attacking WO.
2. you trying to push people to your event on the same date as the WO event
3. still attacking WO in the same thread
4. commit on some ones board
5. you (isurf) calling out yourself (no_stale_fish)
6. you saying how great your boards are
7. you bashing boards made in china
8. still bashing boards made in china and explaining you had a china board repaired at Hurricane Surf located in California, sure is out of the way to get a board repaired. Living in Houston on the gulf coast and Austin why didn’t you take it to yourself and fix it.
9. giving Drew props for making the cover of wakesurf mag. Didn’t you say you could out surf him last year?
10. Bashing WO yet again
11. still bashing WO in the say thread
12. bashing boards again made “across the pond”
13. talking about the boat your “friend” bought
14. well we read your post above billy attacking WO.

Half the post are you attacking WO and you want everyone to believe it is not you, it is also ironic that every alias I have pointed out post writes and talks the same way, just like you.

Post number 5 brings up yet another billy alias in that thread brian slater (slaterbrah) aka you posted the same pictures of wood boards on WW and then had someone else post them on 360. On 360 out of 5 post on the thread you made 3 of them under 3 different alias and on WW you created the post as brian slater (slaterbrah) made another post as brian slater (slaterbrah) and managed to still commit on it as waves (isurf), don’t you have a site iwakesurf or something, coincidence I think not.

waterdog (h20k9) [aka billy clark, ascboards] known alias to date:
Susanne Hillin (havasu_sue)
waves (isurf)
brian slater (slaterbrah)
Back Paddler (no_stale_fish)

billy is known to be extremely vocal about how much boards from china, “across the pond”, etc. are overpriced, delaminate and in general suck, yet he sure didn’t have a problem with giving them away as prizes in his 2007 Landlocked Surf Fest.

Upload

WHAT A HYPOCRITE!

So while billy is trying to figure out what break he was shooting his latest team video at or mountain he was skiing on that did not have internet access, talking about me being a hater, not being able to see my feet or ride a wakesurf board keep in mind that.

Once again I am SORRY Duffy and the entire community, I am just sick of being called out by the fleet of billy’s alias and feel people should know who and what he truly is. You can pass judgment on me but, keep in mind that if every time you posted some tool came behind you and attacked your character you would be tired of it too.

So billy throw some lifts in your shoes, go stand in front of the mirror and decide who you are going to be next while you’re rubbing Rogaine on that ever growing bald spot that you call the back of your head.

Now go ask for this thread to be removed.
Old     (mbwakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-17-2009, 5:39 PM Reply   
I am so tired of all this nonsense about China boards! It doesnt matter where the board came from it matters on how good you ride it! You can shred a China board just as good as a hand made one!
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       11-17-2009, 7:42 PM Reply   
The Chinese don't have hands?
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-17-2009, 9:12 PM Reply   
There are more Chins in China than hands I believe.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-23-2009, 6:21 PM Reply   
Here is some actual-factual info on Shred Stixx boards:-)

"Stixx makes about 30% of our boards here in the US (california and texas). We have two full time team shapers that make our prototype boards, team rider boards, and custom order boards. Because we are an international company with distribution on 4 continents we made the decision to out source production over seas and as a result, approximately 70% of yearly production comes from overseas. Our shaper in china is actually an american shaper and he is one of the best epoxy shapers in the world and works for the same company that produces over 60% of the worlds surf boards (primarily ocean)."

Pretty cool stuff.
Old    surfdad            11-23-2009, 7:57 PM Reply   
With all due respect Duffy, is the 60% possibly a typo? From above: "the same company that produces over 60% of the worlds surf boards (primarily ocean)."

http://www.mylocallineup.com/20090428706/news/industry/chinas-threat-to-local-surfboard-builders.html

"...A recent report, however, conducted by Transworld Magazine, paints a radically different picture of the loss of market share. Although consistent with the thought that Asia has had a major role in snatching business from the local board builder, the report, based on more than 100 leading retailers and 50 top shapers, states that Asia manufactures 16.5% of the surfboards. Furthermore, the report says that the US is responsible for 71.9% of the manufactured boards; Central and South America for 6.4%; Europe for 1%; Australia for 4.4%; and Africa for 0%. Now if the manufacturing percentage is an indicator of market share, China, Thailand, and its cohorts, which are the capitols of outsourcing, have a claim on a relatively meager 16.5% of the buying market while the US, Central and South America, Europe, and Australia have a claim on the bulk of the market (83.7%), with the US leading the pack by leaps and bounds (71.9%).

If the above remarks are correct, there is at least a lesson to be drawn and a concern to be considered. The lesson is that, even though the local board builder has certainly lost a significant market share to countries like China and Thailand (16.5%), the common “wisdom” among many surfers overestimates Asia’s market grab, which is relatively meager when compared to America’s dominance (71.9%) in this sector."

The single largest surfboard manufacturer in the World is Cobra, they manufacture for the likes of Inland Surfer and Surftech and fall within the 16.5% market share, so there would seem to not be a single manufacturer that produces more than something less than 16.5%.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-23-2009, 8:19 PM Reply   
I have no idea if it's correct or not:-)
Old    surfdad            11-23-2009, 8:24 PM Reply   
:-) Thanks.
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       12-23-2009, 4:02 AM Reply   
im sure mitch never said a mean thing about anyone.

billy, we need to get mitch a different board. his just is not quite rite.