Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 21, 2008

Old     (snowman89)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-29-2008, 8:07 PM Reply   
So I recently started trying ts 3s as of yesterday and i keep doing the same thing over and over. I can get the handle pass but every single time I land on my heels and just fall over. It might be a slight over rotation but I really don't want to risk trying to rotate less for understandable reasons. And help would be appreciated.
Old     (bawllaoutacontrol)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-29-2008, 8:35 PM Reply   
wait longer to pass the handle..think of it as 180 up 180 down. learn this and a 5 will be easy. then learn your toe 3's landing wrapped.
Old     (megatmoe)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-29-2008, 9:11 PM Reply   
I just landed my first one this weekend. I dont pull the handle as hard on a toeside 3 as I do on a heelside 3 and I pass the handle really low...pretty much under my ass.
Old     (skatehawk11)      Join Date: May 2008       07-30-2008, 7:36 AM Reply   
you have to land with your shoulders closed to the boat otherwise you'll over rotate and slide out
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-30-2008, 7:54 AM Reply   
TS 5 is easier than the TS 3. The landing is more natural. Just got for the 5 and I bet you will land it since you are already getting the handle pass
Old     (nickbot)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-30-2008, 9:33 AM Reply   
just think about going UP as you hit the wake. the rotation and pass is pretty natural...then look towards the shore to avoid over rotation...
Old     (damned04)      Join Date: May 2005       07-30-2008, 11:36 AM Reply   
Pop first. Wait. Hard pull of the handle and you should ride away. I know you're learning toeside but on one of my sets, I couldn't get the pass for a hs and I tried passing the handle higher and the trick was much easier.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-30-2008, 12:33 PM Reply   
When I need to stop rotation I try to spot the part of shore that the wake would touch if it extended back from the boat until it hit shore...

just continue the line of the wake and spot there....and it helps me if I land wrapped I try to roll the rear shoulder (one with the handle) over to help get my weight over my toes
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-30-2008, 12:45 PM Reply   
i like to keep it as one fluid motion. not to bash anyone but i dont like the 180 pass 180 steeze.

throw a nose or melan grab in and keep it tight as well.
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-30-2008, 12:46 PM Reply   
Darren, I was doin the exact same thing, I landed when I kept my head up, landed looking at the shore, but most importantly, passed the handle really really late, almost like landing blind, the pull from your back hand will put you over your toes.
Old     (peterslc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-30-2008, 1:11 PM Reply   
TS 5 easier than a TS3? I'm going to have to disagree. Maybe i'm doing something wrong, like not enough pop?
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-30-2008, 1:22 PM Reply   
^^^^^Yeah, if you get a little more pop, the landing is more of a natural landing on a 5 than a 3. When you land a TS 3, its almost like you have to purposely stop your rotation so that you don't over rotate and come up short on a 5. If you think 5, its a heelside landing. Feels just like landing a scarecrow.
Old     (mallenger)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-30-2008, 1:23 PM Reply   
For me, TS 5 is much easier than TS 3. I always over rotate the 3. The 5 almost "plants" itself when I land (just like a TS 180).
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-30-2008, 1:49 PM Reply   
learn the toe 3 first...if you go strait to the 5 you will have a hard time ever getting the 3...
Old     (peterslc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-30-2008, 1:49 PM Reply   
Definitely agree on the easier landing. I just can't do a TS 5 unless i'm riding behind a loaded down boat. Looks like it's time for a lesson.
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-30-2008, 5:01 PM Reply   
I second what wakeviolater said, I just saw dean smith's set of the week, if you watch it, you can see him fall twice on a t/s 7, give up, then land a 9, I know a nine sounds better, but what happens when he wants a ts 10? I'm not questioning Dean's fundamentals, I'm just saying you don't want to find yourself in the afformentioned situation.

(Message edited by hawk7 on July 30, 2008)
Old     (snowman89)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-30-2008, 8:31 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the help guys alot of it makes alot of sense. I think I need to think about passing later but it's just kind of a mental thing experimenting with a late pass and a little less spin. Unfortunately I just spent ten hours at the lake today doing the same mistakes and got to read all of this great information after I got back home.