Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Old     (luke22885)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-18-2006, 10:38 PM Reply   
Well me and my brother didnt have enough money for a wakeboard boat so we bought a 2000 18ft sea ray put a monster tower on it and a 750lb fat sac until we save enough for a bigger boat. I was wondering if it would be dangerous to put another 500lb sac in it because the sticker in the boat says no more than 1200 pounds. We usually ride with 3 people in the boat but one time we had the fat sac filled and 8 people in the boat and the wake was really big so I wanted to try and make it like that with only 3 people.
Old    wakesetter23lsv            10-29-2006, 5:38 PM Reply   
go ahead and put it in the boat. it will not matter. most boat companies that have ballast systems in the boat go over the weight limit and they seem fine. but be warned if your boat is sitting down pretty deep with the 500lb sac you do not want to put that other 750lb sac in the boat.if it is not sitting very deep like i said put it in. just to be safe you might want to wait for someone to post that knows more than me because i could very easily be wrong.
Old     (john30)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-29-2006, 6:04 PM Reply   
I used to have a 17' Maxum with a 135 hp merc i/o. I used to put a 540# sac in the aisle with two 80# tubes full of sand under the sac in the ski locker and four waterbed tubes aprox. 80# ea. in the back of the boat and with three people in the boat and 100yds to get on plane it did o.k. Just wactch out when you pick up a downed rider you might get a tsunami over the bow. Play with the trim to clean the wake up.