Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                06-02-2004, 1:37 PM Reply   
Last Year i landed my H/S Backroll 50/50% of the time. Now i land 1 out of 20 ? I cut out 10-15 feet out allowing the boat to drift me in while doing a progressive cut,knees slightly bent and at the bottom of the wake stand tall keeping the handle in close to my leading hip and ride up the wake and turn my chin toward my shoulder and great pop ,nice foalty rotation but as i hit the back side of the wake or the flats i seem to be LEANING TOO FAR BACK as that happens the handle pulls out of my hands .I've tried it w/ 2 hands and also dropping my trailing hand so i don't end up doing a ROll 2 REVERT. I ride 2-3 times a week , which i thought i'd have it down by now. If anyone has some good advice i would like to hear from you. Thanks, George
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       06-02-2004, 1:58 PM Reply   
It sounds to me like you are still standing behind the board, when you push off tall are you pushing your shoulders back away from the boat? Can you post a takeoff picture and maybe some of your cut into the wake?
Old     (bradb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-02-2004, 3:39 PM Reply   
Learn the hs backroll with both hands on the handle.
It's hard to say, but it sounds like sean has the right idea. The body position you have when you leave the wake always seems to be the way you land.
When I learned the back flip on my trick ski, we were always told to edge away from the boat... Its really hard to explain, but picture yourself cutting into the wake toe side for a toe side back roll. Instead of letting the boat untwist you and open you to the boat as you hit the wake, you want to almost be twisting away more with your back shoulder as you go off the top of the wake.
If that makes any sense, it's the same for the HS roll. When you are hanging outside the wake the board is facing frontwards (parallel to the wake). The closer to the wake you get, the board should become closer and closer to perpendicular with the wake, and you almost try to get it PAST perpendicular to the wake as you go off the lip of the wake. This has the effect of bringing the board under you more when you take off. (and hopefully when you land!)
I don't know if this makes any sense, but I hope it might help.
B
Old                06-03-2004, 6:03 PM Reply   
Thanks Sean And Brad for the input that realey makes sense in why i can't stick them every time .It's true come to think that i'm leaning too far back on my H/S and not cutting away from the boat enough to put the board under & behind me . I think as i rotate around now that the board will hopefully end up directly under me 99.9% of the time . Thanx Again guys , George
Old                06-22-2004, 7:30 PM Reply   
Brad mon. i rode and did what you said and are landing them more consistant now. Thanx for the input. George }}