Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old    absolutofft            06-24-2003, 12:28 AM Reply   
I was thinking about camping at the Willow Creek Campgrounds on Lakeshore road, I haven't camped since I was a kid so I thought it might be fun. Anyone know of somewhere in kelowna with a boat dock?

Also are you allowed to watch the protour from your boat in the water?
Old    saxosham            06-24-2003, 8:12 PM Reply   
You should stay at the 30% Inn!!!
Old    tribal            06-24-2003, 8:47 PM Reply   
No prob watching the comp from a boat
Old     (lchamaschuk)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-25-2003, 9:15 AM Reply   
Do you mean somewhere on Lake Okanagan with a boat dock? We are taking our boat up to Woods Lake for a week in July - staying at a condo on the water with moorage. Woods like is on the other side of Kelowna, on the way to Vernon.
Old    bambamski            06-26-2003, 12:25 PM Reply   
I'm staying at the Lakeshoreside in right next to Mantayo and the Eldorado hotel. I belive the Eldorado has a place to dock your boat if you call them and give them some notice.

We watched the tour last year from the water and it was great from there. We were right next to where they did their double ups. I think we'll watch one day from the water and one day on land this year. If you see me on the water come say hello. I've got a black X-10, not too many of those around Kelowna so I should be easy to spot.

Lucky charms where is your condo? We tried to find a spot on Kalamalka but I couldn't find a thing. Kal and Wood lake is connected by a little channle I believe. We're going to be on Kal for a couple of days here and there during the weekend.
Old    extremegreen            06-26-2003, 1:37 PM Reply   
The water level on Kal lake is 6" below normal - and the canal is very shallow. The last time I went through there were spots at 1.3-1.5 feet. Mostly silt by the campground, rocky but a little deeper under the bridge. Definitely empty the ballast tanks.
Old     (lchamaschuk)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-26-2003, 2:01 PM Reply   
We're staying here:

http://www.cablelan.net/condorentals/

Might be hard to get reservations now - we booked a couple of weeks ago.
Old     (justridin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-26-2003, 6:54 PM Reply   
Great place to stay (Turtle Bay Marina). Excellent Pub just steps from your boat and your condo. We are staying in Kelowna but leaving a boat at that Marina for some riding when the big lake is chopped up.

Old     (lchamaschuk)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-27-2003, 8:53 AM Reply   
The close proximity of the pub was one of the reasons we chose to stay there!
Old    absolutofft            06-30-2003, 5:48 PM Reply   
I just tried to get into the campsite at wood lake and it is filled up :-( do you think I should try staying at kalamalka lake or swan lake just above vernon? I don't want to put the boat in on the okanagan because I know how rough it gets.