Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old     (nlitworld)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-26-2005, 2:25 PM Reply   
For the few of us who still have an outdrive on the back, what's your wake like? Size of boat? Any ballast or other added weighting? How fast are you running? Here's a pic of my wake. This is the smallest it can get.

Old     (bdehaan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-26-2005, 2:52 PM Reply   
That wake looks big. What did you do to get it like that? Our I/O wake is nothing like that.
Old     (wakeme884)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-26-2005, 2:54 PM Reply   
20' i/o with no ballast...its not bad
Old     (smokedawg311)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-26-2005, 3:13 PM Reply   
from my exp, IO put out a very steep wake...almost like a wall....its very good but not as nice as some of the rampy wakes that are being thrown from V drives. just my $.02.
Old     (nlitworld)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-26-2005, 3:28 PM Reply   
my wake is big because it's a 26' deep-v boat, that isn't really for wakeboarding behind, but definately gets the job done. We don't run any ballast of any sorts... that's taken care of by the motor(468 chevy pumpin out 650 horses). Paul, that is actually a really nice wake. Smooth, clean, and pretty big. Ryan, you are very right about I/O tending to have a steep wake, and mine definately can be like a wall if repinned. It's all just personal opinion on what everyone likes.
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-26-2005, 4:30 PM Reply   
here is my 18 foot bayliner with 4.3l 190hp 1200 lbs autoballast, monster tower, mako racks, perfect pass, and a whole lot of fun

btw.. the guy riding just bought an inboard and he still rather ride my boat.. haha.. where you at mike?
Old     (salmon_tacos)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-27-2005, 11:13 AM Reply   
Lloyd,

Actually, most I/Os that I've seen have very rampy wakes. It's probably just coincidental though. I'm curious: what kind of boat is a '76 Citation? I couldn't begin to find info on the web. Do you have any pictures? Most boats that are designed to go 80 mph create very washy wakes but your wake appears clean as well as bigger and steeper than any I/O wake pics I've seen to date.
Old     (nlitworld)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-27-2005, 12:22 PM Reply   
Well, actually if you search for Citation boats, you'll get more offshore oriented boat sites. I'll post a pic of the boat later tonight. The boat is 26 feet long, and most of the weight is way in the back. The front half of the boat is closed bow, and the back is your seating and engine compartment. As far as clean wake, it is usually really good if the outdrive is pinned all the way in (we have 4 pin positions). If it's pinned all the way in, it will plant the bow of the boat, and make it plane out nicely at 20-21 mph, and won't go faster than 35-40. If the outdrive is pinned all the way out, you will be able to go 75-80 mph, but the wake will be VERY steep, and a little washy at times. Oh, and come to find out, it's a 1978, not 1976 like I origionally thought.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-29-2005, 4:17 PM Reply   
im here gordon, thanks for posting the pic of me flailing my arms around......anyways, yes....im struggling to get my old flat bottom centurion to throw a decent wake. Its rampy and a bit soft, i like more verty wakes and rock hard....like gordons.