Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-01-2011, 6:58 AM Reply   
So yesterday I learned that I can't put new boots on my 07 Natural!?! that kind of blows as I really like this board and don't want to switch, but the boots are pretty blown out. I'd LOVE to score some 08 Xenons (size large) in great shape- or something similar. If anyone has anythey want to unload that are in great shape, please shoot me a message.

Buying a brand new board and boot combo isn't in the cards right now.
Thanks!!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-01-2011, 11:22 AM Reply   
Man I have loads of XL's if you think those will work.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-01-2011, 11:42 AM Reply   
Can't you get the spacers Will?
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       06-02-2011, 10:21 AM Reply   
Hey Will,
I have a pair of 07 & 08 Xenon's in really good shape but they're size mediums. I know you're looking for Larges, but maybe the mediums I have or XL's that Andy has will do.

Let me know.
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-02-2011, 1:37 PM Reply   
Hey Andy, Yeah stopped by the House a couple days ago and saw the outlet had about 10 pairs of xl's- they're just too big- thanks tho. Ryan, what size foot do you have and can you send me some pics of the 08's? Jeff, I looked for spacers and the house didn't have any. I am really trying to justify another new board- but frankly, I don't see anything I really want and the boots today look so F'in goofy. We'll see... Rode with my set-up last night and I can eek out a few more sets until I find something that will work.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       06-02-2011, 7:17 PM Reply   
Will,
I have a 7.5 size foot, but they're wide LOL! I'll post pics ASAP. I just got home and need to get some work done first.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-02-2011, 7:55 PM Reply   
not to veer from obrien bindings as im all about delta base technology, but the LF bindings will fit the 07 natty
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-03-2011, 4:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by will5150 View Post
Hey Andy, Yeah stopped by the House a couple days ago and saw the outlet had about 10 pairs of xl's- they're just too big- thanks tho. Ryan, what size foot do you have and can you send me some pics of the 08's? Jeff, I looked for spacers and the house didn't have any. I am really trying to justify another new board- but frankly, I don't see anything I really want and the boots today look so F'in goofy. We'll see... Rode with my set-up last night and I can eek out a few more sets until I find something that will work.
Do yourself a favor Will and ride a new O Brien and those new "ugly" bindings.. 10000% guarentee you change your mind about both..
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-03-2011, 10:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_mn View Post
Do yourself a favor Will and ride a new O Brien and those new "ugly" bindings.. 10000% guarentee you change your mind about both..
WTF is that? The new gear is so dope!
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-03-2011, 11:28 AM Reply   
what do you guys think about the decade boots and a cartel 141 board? got a line on this set-up. Moving from a Natural to this set-up??
Old     (daren)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-03-2011, 12:46 PM Reply   
Hey there Will,

I used to ride the Natural and just switched to the Format. I have been on the Decade and Cartel too. The Cartel pops quite a bit different (lower for me) than the others. All 3 (Natty, Format, Decade) seem to pop similar but have other distinct characteristics. The Natural rides really flat, this makes it very forgiving + it has medium-soft edges so it loads up pretty good. The Format has much sharper edges and rocks side to side more because of a spine and tip/tail shape. The sharper edges means it loads up more and whips inverts around faster than the natural. Finally, the Decade has the softest edges of the bunch and doesn't load as much as the others.

If you like the pop of the Natural, I'd stick with it or the Format or Decade. Then, it's just a matter of how much grip/load you want it to have going up the wake and how you want it to feel just riding around. Personally, I'm really stoked on the Format ... with my 5 year old LF Ultra Suctions that release.

Hope this helps!
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-06-2011, 11:23 AM Reply   
Daren! Haven't heard from you in a long while! You still rocking the Malibu? I appreciate the advice on the board/bindings. I have ridden the Decade- a lot looser on the water than the Natural. I really like my board, just need some new bindings and may even just get a new Natural with new boots too. You ridden with Mark J at all? He bought a new boat - x15 - super sweet. you should give him a call and get out sometime. I may be coming to Seattle this summer and will drop you a line if I can make it. I
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-06-2011, 11:52 AM Reply   
How's the eardrum Will?

Good call on the new Natural and new bindings.. You were looking good on the Transcend until the tantrum incident..

Still limping today on this end.. Thinking by weeks end I should be feeling better.
Old     (daren)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-06-2011, 10:07 PM Reply   
Will,

I have a Malibu LSV now - it's a beast. I haven't ridden in Mark's X-15 but I saw him at the launch last year and checked it out, really nice boat. Definitely call me when you come out, it would be fun to ride with you again.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-06-2011, 11:17 PM Reply   
You were at the launch yesterday Daren? Next time call a brutha! I'm getting good at coming up with reasons why I can't come out and ride with ya!
I just picked up a shiny new Decade... and just like this thread reads, it's a heckuva lot looser than my natty was. But... I'm getting much better pop with it. I'm thinkin' I wanna stick that backroll behind the L5V.

I think I mighta saw that X15 out there on Saturday... rough water that day though. not worth riding.

Will... take care of that eardrum!
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-07-2011, 8:39 AM Reply   
I know Mark hasn't been out in 6 weeks- he's doing a new start-up and getting killed at work, but I'm sure he'd like to ride with you guys. His X-15 is red and white- with all of the toys- i have boat envy big time. The ear is not too good. A lot of ringing and fluid draining. Not sure how long this lasts, but it's a pain.

Awesome news about the LSV Daren! I will definitely drop you a line when we come out- probably early August. My oldest son is graduating from HS this week and really wants to come out and see some of his buddies so we'll make it work for sure!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       06-07-2011, 9:01 AM Reply   
Hey Will, sorry I haven't been able to post up pics of the bindings yet. I've been sick and bed-ridden for the past few days. Just wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten.
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-07-2011, 12:30 PM Reply   
no worries- i am down with a blown eardrum right now anyway. Hope to be better in a few weeks.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       06-08-2011, 4:08 PM Reply   
Hey Will, sorry to hear about your eardrum. I did mine back in 97. Hope you heal quickly. FYI, gum or surf wax can be molded into your outer ear to keep the water out if you want to ride. I'm not sure how bad yours is, but mine was 30% perforated and I was able to ride with using gum/wax. Just a thought.

Anyways, here's the pics. The first pair is the 08's and they have some small tears in the crease where the top wraps meet the ankle cut out in the overlay. Also, I had to wrap my left ankle with tape a couple of times and there's some adhesive still on the left ankle footbed. But the function & quality of the bindings are still in good condition though and I was still riding them until I got my 09 CT Vices. The second pair is the 07's and they're in great shape (hardly used at all). I have brand new locks for each pair. Let me know either way, and if you're interested, we can communicate via PM.
Attached Images

Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-09-2011, 10:14 AM Reply   
Just sent u a PM with my e-mail addres , etc. Drop me a line!
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-09-2011, 2:00 PM Reply   
Well- Ryan's didn't work out- too small so if anyone's got another idea, keep em coming!!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       06-09-2011, 2:48 PM Reply   
Sorry about that Will, thought we had you covered. Hope you get something squared away. Let me know if your wife is interested in the bindings.