Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-31-2011, 6:34 AM Reply   
I tried a few of these last night, just as something fun to do at the end of the night, and had zero luck with them. I'm riding behind an I/O with a bit of extra weight in it, at about 24 mph. I cut out hard heelside, sat down and dropped my back into the water, and then one of two things happened. The first couple times my board didnt come out of the water and I got dragged off the handle, and the next few times I just seemed to sink as soon as I hit the water.
I'm really just looking for some tips here as far as speed and technique goes, as I have no idea what I'm doing and have based everything off of these few attempts and some videos of Murray doing them. So anything and everything will help.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-31-2011, 8:13 AM Reply   
i manged to do one the third time i tried one... but then i couldn't do them again... strange.

deffinately want to keep the board out of the water. keep your knees bent to keep the board up. don't sit, but instead go to your back.

cut out, as soon as there is the slightest feel of slack go down on your back, knees bent, let go of back hand, keep your arms bent too so you can pull yourself arround on your back to get your board under you again.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       05-31-2011, 8:29 AM Reply   
you need more speed...it's a barefoot based move.
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-31-2011, 8:55 AM Reply   
dude its easy, once you figure it out its and everytime thing... my advice would to either jump w2w then start edging or do a raley then do it, its mainly all about how fast fast your edging. also drop your back straight down to the water, dont hesitate or bend down slowly because you lose speed.

at about 1:00 is me doing one
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-31-2011, 9:09 AM Reply   
hardest part for me was getting board back around and set down... tips?
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-31-2011, 11:38 AM Reply   
I suggest learning this on your bare feet then applying it to wakeboarding.