Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (bmock50)      Join Date: Feb 2011       12-29-2011, 11:49 AM Reply   
I remember seeing a 2001 with benches next to the doghouse and he had made a sundeck. I was wondering if anyone had any pictures of any other boats similar. I need inspiration for mine!
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       12-29-2011, 12:43 PM Reply   
Malibu XtTi was copied by Sanger and Svfara. Storage behind the driver's seat and U seating behind the engine. You have to look if you have space.
Attached Images

Old     (bmock50)      Join Date: Feb 2011       12-29-2011, 1:21 PM Reply   
Thats sweet. I might have to look into that. I wonder how you access the engine? My dog house hinges at the back.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       12-29-2011, 2:54 PM Reply   
They have a steel frame that runs from the gunnel over to the port side of the engine. The cover hinges towards the bow on that frame. A panel covers the frame opening forward and to port. A removable divider sits between the storage and engine compartment.
Old     (bmock50)      Join Date: Feb 2011       12-30-2011, 6:27 AM Reply   
Hmmmmmm. What do you guys think about making the whole part of the boat from the motor back a sundeck?
Old     (bhyatt_ohp)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-30-2011, 11:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmock50 View Post
Hmmmmmm. What do you guys think about making the whole part of the boat from the motor back a sundeck?
I think you eliminate the rear seating for 3 people. I've seen a guy here locally with a early 90's centurion direct drive closed bow that did it. He says his wife loves it for laying out but the only seating is the passenger seat and driver, maybe room for 3 people. Not very smart IMO.

If i had a direct drive and was looking to change seating I would probably try to fabricate something like my family's old Tige' 21i had - "skybox seating". Pic courtesy of google image search

Also on that Tige' was a rear storage compartment that opened up for an area for jackets, ropes or a 350lb storage locker fat sac.
Old     (bmock50)      Join Date: Feb 2011       12-30-2011, 12:10 PM Reply   
^^^^Thats a good idea. only problem is my fuel tank is located in the transom (american skier advance) I wonder if it would still work.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-30-2011, 2:16 PM Reply   
I did it to my 2001, worked great and added 1500 pounds to the ballast system plus three rear facing seats.

http://www.the2001.com/index.php?nam...ght=battleship
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       12-31-2011, 10:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
I did it to my 2001, worked great and added 1500 pounds to the ballast system plus three rear facing seats.

http://www.the2001.com/index.php?nam...ght=battleship
Jeeperz Ralph! i just read that whole thread. Amazing stuff. Nice that you guys in NZ can spend 20,000 on a 5,000 dollar boat and wind up with a 25,000 dollar boat. I have a 78 SN that i am refitting but i must retain a strict budget. If i spend 20K no matter how nice i will still have a 5,000 boat.

Ballast and seating combined is very cool but the loss of gunwale height concerns me for a family boat. I think i will go with one the layouts seen above in this thread as i have even less room than on a 2001.
Thanks again for that great read. i now have more ideas to day dream over.
I will start my build in the next few weeks.
John