Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       10-11-2010, 3:19 PM Reply   
Informal poll.

All things being equal with appearance, hours and as-equipped.
What would you lessen the Actual Cash Value or (cash offer) of a salt water operated tow boat?

The trailer shall not be considered in this poll.

A) 0%-10%

B) 11%- 15%

C) 16%- 20%

D) 20% +

E) would not even consider it.

Last edited by baitkiller; 10-11-2010 at 3:20 PM. Reason: err oops
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-11-2010, 3:24 PM Reply   
B, asssuming it was mostly to full time salt water operation.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       10-11-2010, 3:28 PM Reply   
Thank you and yes that presumption is sound.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-11-2010, 4:01 PM Reply   
E

But for real world price, Hate is probably right on...although I'd say it would have to be closer to 20%.

Now, if we are talking about closed cooling, that alleviates at least one big concern imo...

It's like a 4x4. When you go to sell a lifted truck on big tires 99% of the yahoo's ask "Has it ever been Off Road?" Then, after you compose yourself from having been that insulted, and you reply "Yes", they say....oh, ok, and hang up.

I'd be the yahoo that would not buy after hearing it was in salt.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       10-11-2010, 6:11 PM Reply   
Thanks TC. I am trying to establish a baseline reference to determine "average" . This boat class is not my usual demographic. Intangibles can be very real when money changes hands. All other considerations will be afforded or discounted as applies after the baseline is established.
Old     (Shooter)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-11-2010, 6:32 PM Reply   
I feel I'm qualified to answer this because I'm someone who used a boat is salt and now have a newer boat that is not allowed to touch saltwater.

B) With no signs of rust and C) with even the smallest warning signs. A) If it was a saltwater series or coastal addition on a galvy trailer. It would also depend if the buyer is planning on launching in saltwater.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-11-2010, 6:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
I feel I'm qualified to answer this because...

Shooter...we are all qualified to answer this. It is a poll to see what we, as buyers, would value it at. He also said to disregard the trailer.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-11-2010, 7:32 PM Reply   
D ] if the owner flushed it after each use and it had low hours
E] OTHERWISE!
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-11-2010, 7:33 PM Reply   
Yea, salt water boats have to be made for the salt. And well taken care of. Trailers too. I'd be checking for that equipment on any purchase I made. If it's all in line, B.

If the boats not outfitted & taken care of, then E.... it's not worth it.
Old    mojo            10-11-2010, 8:51 PM Reply   
if the boat is closed cooled, gets flushed every time, and has a galvanized trailer i wouldn't worry about it. as long as everything has been changed regularly like all fluids and filters, etc. i'd say 5-10% for salt/brackish and grade everything else like a freshy. i'm biased though b/c i've always been around brackish water mostly.
Old     (Shooter)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-11-2010, 8:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetimewarranty View Post
Shooter...we are all qualified to answer this. It is a poll to see what we, as buyers, would value it at. He also said to disregard the trailer.
Thanks lifetimewarranty, but I meant that I have seen what salt will do first hand. It takes much more than a flush to properly maintain a salt boat and much of the damage may not be easily seen.

It’s hard to disregard a trailer that has been dipped in salt. If there is no trailer, I expect an even greater discount because it probably means it is rusted out or the boat has been docked in salt.