Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2009

Old     (popkarma)      Join Date: May 2008       06-08-2009, 9:53 PM Reply   
i have a 2002 mastercraft x10 and I use stock ballast plus 2 extra tanks in the back and a bow sac. My wake is always pretty rampy, I have usually ridden behind other boats that have more vertical wakes and i like the pop they give. also it seems like i have to ride really short because the wake is pretty wide, even at higher speeds 25-26. any thoughts ?
Old     (jhilltn)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-09-2009, 7:51 AM Reply   
you're right
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-09-2009, 12:05 PM Reply   
I have the same boat, but a year earlier. I run stock ballast with a 500lb in the front and about 22.5-23mph. I also ride on an 80ft line and the wake is great. It's a rampy wake, but if you want it more vertical, remove the extra sac up front so that your loading the back more, this should increase the vert on the wake and give it a more poppy feel.

If you want a really good shaped wake, your gonna need stock ballast, plus 2x 500lb sacs.
1 up front, and one in front of the rear seat or on the rear seat.

If you want to go nuts, then a 500lb on each side of the motor and a single 500lb up front with the stock ballast. (you better change the prop though...it's gonna be hard to plane out).

You should have a good wake 65-80ft out at most riding speeds.
Old     (flattirenotube)      Join Date: May 2007       06-09-2009, 12:49 PM Reply   
What is the stock ballast? My buddy has a 2000 Maristar 210 that is the same hull, but no stock ballast. Just looking for comparison sake.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-09-2009, 8:50 PM Reply   
I have a MariStar 210 VRS, same hull I think, and I am pretty happy with my wake. I have (2) 260 lb sacs in the bow under the seats, (1) 340 lb sac in the ski locker, and (2) 550 lb sacs in the engine compartment. However, I am just starting to get comfortable with going W2W, so what do I know?

Upload
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-10-2009, 9:17 AM Reply   
I believe stock on my 2001 is around 850lbs. If you have upgraded the locker bag, it could be around 900lbs(which i did a few years ago).