Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-02-2008, 5:42 PM Reply   
this was posted in the other thread but thought you might like it over here

Upload

full sized image
http://www.onlyinboards.com/f21surf.jpg
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       07-02-2008, 7:19 PM Reply   
WOW! Notice the passengers spread evenly in the boat, no one hanging on the side of the boat, and no sacs on the floor. WOW WOW WOW!
The only thing I don't like is the size of the lockers. Way to small.
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-02-2008, 7:28 PM Reply   
Nice! I agree with ya Newty, I also noticed that those lockers were super small looking right away.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-02-2008, 9:02 PM Reply   
How about more surfwake pics and some details on the set up?

(Message edited by Bigshow on July 02, 2008)
Old     (trash4life)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-03-2008, 8:01 AM Reply   
I'm stuck on how he got up. I don't see a rope anywhere?!
Old     (dubwake21)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-03-2008, 8:36 AM Reply   
Photoshop got him up
Old     (donnieb)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-03-2008, 9:14 AM Reply   
This photo looks so great that I wanted more info on the boat! I went to the OnlyInboards.com site and looked for the Tomcat and found one for sale http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=529996.

I'm not sure if it's the same model, but they have another photo of someone surfing behind the boat with stock ballast and 2 people in the boat. Quite a difference.....

Upload
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-03-2008, 9:22 AM Reply   
Thats a pretty considerable difference if they are the same. What kind of ballast does that one in the OP pic have?

(Message edited by bac on July 03, 2008)
Old    surfdad            07-03-2008, 9:52 AM Reply   
I read Jason's comment and I had to check that first photo out more closely. From an experienced ballast shifter arounder (that's the technical term :-) ) I found the random seating of the hotties rather ummm, interesting. So I took a closer look at the wake below the rider.

THEN it hit me - the chick on the starboard side tossed the cooler out at this guy and then quickly sat down before the photo was taken so as to avoid being caught. :-) She's ffffaaasssssttttt :-)

Upload
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-03-2008, 10:01 AM Reply   
Good call Jeff. I just blew up that full size version. Total chop job. Its pretty sad IMO, I hope thats not a manufacturer photo of that Tomcat.

Ballast shifter arounder, thats a good one!

Old    surfdad            07-03-2008, 10:16 AM Reply   
No TXSurf, manufacturers here on WW NEVER post up misleading info or pictures. I'm sure it's just those darn babes in Bikini's. That's why I refuse to have any on my boat as crew. They are always tossing random crap at me when I ride. BIG THINGS TOO like coolers or cinder blocks or engine blocks or 750 pound fat sacs or... :-)
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-03-2008, 10:26 AM Reply   
Thats right, I forgot that everyone is honest. Gosh, I can't believe that I would second guess that picture is real. Completely obvious she threw a cooler, because where is theirs at on the boat? It looks like that splash is a little small for a cooler, could be one of the board racks, as they both seem to be missing. I was wondering about the rope, but with that mega wave, you could just paddle in everytime. Thanks for clearing that up Jeff!

Old     (wakesurf_ohio)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-03-2008, 10:46 AM Reply   
I think the surfer is used to getting stuff thrown at him, with his broken arm and bad knee ! (arm cast (that shouldnt get wet?) and knee brace!)
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-03-2008, 2:41 PM Reply   
the pic in the OP was sent to me by MB. MB did not claim that it was taken with no aftermarket ballast. In fact they just sent the pic with no description as it was grouped with some others.

The 2nd pic above is my boat, a 23 tomcat with only stock ballast and the rider is 6 ft. 8 inches tall and he had literally just gotten up after the boat started so the wake had not cleaned. Personally, I can't imagine a manufacturer posting a chopped image. Let's wait for some additional pics.

Hopefully a dealer can take one of these out and get us some additional photos, however I've been told the wake on the 21 for surfing is better stock than the 23. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-03-2008, 5:37 PM Reply   
Could it be the swim platform cutting into the wave?
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-07-2008, 8:52 AM Reply   
i think all companies should abandon the pickle fork design! They SUCK!
Old     (gtoaws)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-09-2008, 6:46 PM Reply   
Let me clear the air... The picture is legit. That is Nick Ennen on the board, and right before the photo shot he was hit by a car and broke his wrist. The picture was taken down at the MB 2008 photo shoot.

Mike Brendel brought up a F21 for us to try out yesterday, and it was amazing! So amazing we convinced him to leave it and I took out some of our riders this morning and the wake was perfect, and HUGE!! After our session we ended up filling up booth tanks and putting everyone on either side, and it got even BIGGER! With the boat only 100" wide it was easy to roll over. When we put people on the back hatch the water was at the top of the Gunnal. The craziest part is the swim platform never drug and Kept the wake clean. One of my guys was able to fade about 30' back then pump all the way back up.
This is truley an amazing boat.
Old     (gtoaws)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-09-2008, 6:50 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (gtoaws)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-09-2008, 6:50 PM Reply   

Old    surfdad            07-09-2008, 6:58 PM Reply   
A respectable wake in those last pictures, but sure seems different to me from that first picture.
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-09-2008, 7:38 PM Reply   
I'm with you there Jeff. The last pics posted look legit and very surfable. But I've never seen water spray out like that in the OP pic (especially IN FRONT of the rider) in the first pic unless someone on a board did it.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-09-2008, 8:45 PM Reply   
Gerry, I’m organizing the National Wakeboard League (NWL) Wakesurf Nationals Competition in Columbus Ohio. The venue will not permit tow boats longer than 22 feet. A 21 foot Tomcat would be perfect to pull at this competition. Send one or a pair of these bad boys to Columbus for Nationals and we'll use them to pull the event and take tons of pictures.
Old     (motorcitymatt)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-23-2008, 5:33 PM Reply   
I just bought an 08 MB B52-23V. Frickin LOVE the surf wake! Stock ballast, trophy wife driving and 40# son onboard. Huge wall of water to work with. Add some friends... can you say rouge wave!
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-21-2008, 10:42 AM Reply   
just found this video of the surf wake (it's midway about I think)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEQCSpuV-38&feature=related

(Message edited by wakereviews on August 21, 2008)
Old     (sotx)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-21-2008, 11:29 AM Reply   
Very nice wave
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-21-2008, 12:39 PM Reply   
If you watch the video, it looks like the same day/setup as the large photo above. Also, you can see when he is pumping and comes up the wave, it seems his board is making that wash.
Old    surfdad            08-21-2008, 1:05 PM Reply   
Your eyes must be better than mine ragboy, I don't see the wash. I'd agree that it sure seems to be the same setup. 24 seconds in, when I hold a straight edge up to the lip, below the was at the top, it looks like the wake is about equal to the rear corner. Acceptable. This picture - due to the angle or whatever makes the wake height "appear" to be eye level of the one chick half way up.

Upload
Old     (hawaj)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-21-2008, 4:32 PM Reply   
Everything at this picture is shoped, even small boats at background.

Different light on surfer, on boat, etc.