Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-08-2010, 8:44 AM Reply   
I was reading the latest issue of WB magazine last night and came across the brief article about how the pros handle pass (palm to palm vs. palms up). Ironically, there was discussion about that same thing a month or so in my boat and honestly I had no idea what this was about or how it mattered.

So last night after reading the article I went out to my hanlde that I do drills with and tried it... wow... it feels so mush more natural once the handle is passed when using palm to palm. I am an engineer so I have to disect this right... I was thinking why is this method used and preferred by pros and IMO, the pull initiated by your arm, once the handle is passed, is like a bicept curl motion. It has a very strong and stable feeling. The palm up pass, which I have been doing has an awkward feel to it once the handle is passed. The arm and shoulder are not in a power and stable position at all and I can see this position causes that "weird" feeling when we first put out back to the boat learning spins. Practicing BS 180s palm to palm also creates a much more stable feeling as well. I am stoke to put it on the water the next time out.

So who out there has made the switch? I am thinking re-training the mind may be harder than I think!, but I am confinced in the long run this is a way better technique.

Uj