Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Shewchuk)      Join Date: Nov 2012       06-17-2013, 6:28 PM Reply   
Hey guys! My stock Ski Supreme v212 came with the start battery and accessory battery in the rear lockers. Doing a stereo upgrade and wondering:

A) keep batteries in the rear lockers where a very large 1/0 or 2/0 cables need to be run to the port locker where the amp rack and dist. Block will be

B) Move batteries to port locker and run longer cables to connect start battery to starter on the motor?

Seems like either way a long run of cable will need to be run!

Thanks
Old     (MantisTaboggin)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-17-2013, 7:15 PM Reply   
I also have a battery question. I just added a third battery and wonder if it is over kill? I have ran the previous two all the way down when running at night with stereo, lights and heater on. I also upgraded the alternator a couple years ago.
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-18-2013, 3:56 AM Reply   
I did a 3rd option - realized the observer compartment is the best of all storage spots on the boat and I would hate to waste that space with batteries. Instead, I bought a couple of Deka Group 34m batteries and relocated them to under the observer seat, which is the least use storage place in the boat. Ran 2/0 from the starter/block to my battery switch and ground bus on the amp rack in the observer compartment. The positive wires are all fully covered (and as you can see, not easy to get to even if they were not) so there aren't any safety concerns with their placement. I also use two battery cleats and a battery tie down strap to secure them.

Old     (LaneXSPower)      Join Date: Mar 2013       06-18-2013, 9:31 AM Reply   
Battery placement can be tricky, especially when it comes to how the boat rides in the water. We've had customers use the storage wells in the bow and stern as well as the ski wells. It is really all up to you. Of course, minimizing the amount of 1/0 or 2/0 cable you have to run will be less expensive.