Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-23-2009, 8:06 AM Reply   
After all the post's about this stuff I thought I would give it a try. I checked out the website and found a local dealer in Santa Clara. I picked up a bottle for like $6. First I tried it on the arm rest of my Escalade. It got out the dirt in the crack's and texture of the leather. The real hard to get dirt. My interior has real light colored leather it worked real well.

Before I got started on the boat I wanted to take a look at my interior and see how clean it was before I started. I mean pretty much anything can make dirty vinyl look cleaner.

I chose to try the center section of the back seat. I used a soft towel and the malco cleaner. I sprayed it on and worked it in with the towel I noticed right away the vinyl got much cleaner.

Later I decided to use a soft brush and the malco. This worked much better at getting the deep dirt out. Just like how a magic eraser works. Regular cleaning seems to get the surface stuff off but u need something like a magic eraser to get the cracks real clean the soft scrub brush worked great with the malco.

It's hard to tell from this pick and your computer screan might not show the differance in the pick but you can see the center section of the rear seat is done. Also it's hard to see the differance when the vinyl is clean to start with.
Upload

Another example. The far left white section is done. Its hard to see. It's the section right next to the grey stripe on the left side. The white section right next to it. The stop start line is at the seem. Once again my vinyl is very clean to start with and Yea it made a differance.
Upload
Here is a picture of my neighbors boat. His v drive covers are very dirty. The sun was directly over head and the picture is over exposed but trust me it's a night and day differance.
Upload
Upload
He is gonna have quite the suprise when he takes his cover off and see's the clean spot's I did LOL.

It dosent seem to dry out the vinyl and leaves it some what moist. I put nothing over it after using it. It gets the treads real clean as well.

Now the bad new's I did notice that it either stripped the wax on the boat. Sections on the vinyl close to the gell I could see the spray marks in the sunlight from the vinyl cleaner.
Its like I have these light colerd water marks on the gell from the cleaner. Im sure a new or fresh coat of wax will take these marks off. If you have a white top deck you might not notice anything.
If you have a dark or black top deck. Use this stuff with caution be carefull of over spray or the spray the scrub brush will throw off.

Overall I would give the cleaner a thumbs up.