Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-17-2008, 7:02 PM Reply   
Im running a Clarion EQS746 that says it has 7 volt RCA outputs. I had to use 12ft RCA cables to run my system but I think I found a way to run 6ft cables, Im sure it would make a difference if I was running the deck straight to the amps but since its going through the EQ with the extra voltage would changeing the length really make a difference?
Old     (priszkid)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-17-2008, 8:25 PM Reply   
very minor difference. obviously shorter is better, but you should be fine.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-18-2008, 8:25 AM Reply   
i would add a audiocontrol line driver..
Old     (tracktor)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-18-2008, 3:09 PM Reply   
Myke, I had kind of the same question. Should I run mu line driver + my clarion EQ? If so do you put in in before or after the EQ? Before would help all the signals as it's a single input EQ if I put it after I would have to choose which line to put it on. I pulled the LD out when I added the EQ.............
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-18-2008, 4:53 PM Reply   
im not to sure what your trying to accomplish. why do you need a eq ? is it for a volume control ?

generally speaking - run the audiocontrol line driver out of the head unit since most head units cant run low impedence signals (this is the other 1/2 of the equation).
Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-18-2008, 7:16 PM Reply   
you can make custom rcas with some rg59 copper and connectors. That way is it to the exact length, and the shielding is great on rg59.

Or you can buy some Planet Waves cable and the connectors and make some flexible interconnects as well.

But generally no you wont see a difference at all, the length is minor, and since its in the open it wont matter.