Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (sigar)      Join Date: May 2012       05-07-2012, 2:47 PM Reply   
I'm purchasing my 1st boat and wanted to see what everyone's opinion is of this deal.

2006 Sanger V210, 6.2L Black Scorpion, Wake Series I (Proflight tower, and 500# built in ballast bag), upgraded stereo with tower speakers, only 79 hours, interior is in near perfect condition, hull has a few scratches and a deep ding about 1" long and 1/2" wide, it's been stored outside on the water so some of the metal work has some light to medium corrosion and the hull needs a good cleaning and waxing.

The purchase price is $23.5K. Good deal?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-07-2012, 2:57 PM Reply   
23.5 for a 2006 V210 is a pretty good price. Sounds about right on considering it sounds slightly neglected. That is crazy it has the 6.2L. That thing has to absolutely fly and jump out of the hole.
Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       05-07-2012, 3:03 PM Reply   
You sure it's a 6.2L? I have a 2004 V210 with a 330hp 5.7L black scorpion. Plenty of power. I also have the stock ballast, but I don't think mine is anywhere near 500 lbs, maybe more like 300? Anyway, in general, I like the boat. I also bought it low hours and paid 23k for it about a year and a half ago. Mine had tower, bimini, basic stereo, front ballast, no other options really. I put in perfect pass and I think it's a must.

I don't consider minor scratches on the hull to be a big deal (although use this as an opportunity to talk the price down, and also be sure to check the skags, prop shaft area, and rudder mounts to make sure everything is kosher, it's possible they hit something). You can get gelcoat repaired for a reasonable price.

The downside is these mercruiser engines. The parts are really expensive. I just paid $57 for an inline fuel filter. The alternator I think they wanted over $400 so I ended up buying some other compatible one from someone else. The impeller change is more difficult than it should be, so it seems like some people let them go longer.

I think these are nice, sturdy, quality boats that sell for a reasonable price. Some people complain that they sit low in the water, but I think it's awesome. I came from a late 80s prostar 190 so I didn't even notice the lower freeboard until someone mentioned it.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-07-2012, 3:19 PM Reply   
That's a decent price. But, only 79 hours??? That's 13 hours a year average (2, maybe 3 outings per year). That thing has sat - A LOT.
Old     (Bolo)      Join Date: May 2011       05-07-2012, 5:31 PM Reply   
I'd buy it. V210s are awesome boats, you'd have a tough time finding another boat of that build quality with a great wake for that price. Besides, clean it up take care of it and you'll easily be able to resell it for $23.5k a few years down the road.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       05-07-2012, 5:45 PM Reply   
It's stored on the water and only has 79 hours??? That would worry me a little.
Old     (steelrider68882)      Join Date: Apr 2012       05-07-2012, 6:06 PM Reply   
I wish more sanger's were available in the southeast. Seems like a good price.