Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 08, 2008

Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-05-2008, 5:37 PM Reply   
I'm looking to increase the number of boards I can carry. I have a Flight Control Tower with Flight Clips. Are there any pics out there of boats with this setup with added on board racks? I can't picture how adding racks and boards will look on the boat.
Old     (jwat142)      Join Date: Jan 2002       05-05-2008, 6:06 PM Reply   
I put a monster tower rack on mine. It works great and it has a quick release so I can remove it if I don't need it. I put it on the rear leg that is vertical on the tower. I don't have any pics now, but may be able to get some this coming weekend.
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-05-2008, 6:45 PM Reply   
Jwat,
I see the mount from your profile pic. Do the boards ever get in the way when parking next to other boats? Your neighborhood looks sweet. Who mows all of the lawns?
Old     (jwat142)      Join Date: Jan 2002       05-05-2008, 7:07 PM Reply   
Ha ha, we all mow our own lawns. If you look the other way down the road, it doesn't look the same:-)

I forgot that pic was in my profile. Honestly, we mainly take the boat out to ride and that's about it. I've never had it tied up to another boat. I could see the boards possibly getting in the way, but I don't know where else you would put a rack that wouldn't make the boards stick out the side. The boards don't stick out a whole lot more than the outside board on the flight clips if I remember right.

Again, I highly suggest the monster rack because it has a quick release, can mount on the angled leg and still hold the boards straight, has a nylon collar that won't scratch your tower and has forks that adjust width wise so you can fit boards on them with a narrower stance. Plus, they are made very well and are cheaper than most of the other racks on the market.
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-05-2008, 7:20 PM Reply   
JKW,
Does this look familiar? I had monster on my previous boat and loved everything about it! Thanks for the advise.Upload
Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-06-2008, 7:48 AM Reply   
I have a picture on my myspace profile, can't find it to paste here so you can see my FCT with 8 boards on one of the pictures.

http://www.myspace.com/hsetrident