Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 12, 2008

Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-28-2008, 8:33 PM Reply   
I heard the absolute fins on the faction makes a huge difference. Im assuming the absolute fins are smaller and possibly shorter?

If someone has put these fins on did they make that big of a difference and how did it change the ride?
Old     (nyghtryder)      Join Date: May 2007       04-28-2008, 8:49 PM Reply   
im pretty sure they would. I ride a 07 marius and they come with 1/2 inch fins but i had some 1/4 fins that i put on and love it. A bigger fin will make it harder to break the board loose. But it just depends on your riding style
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-28-2008, 8:54 PM Reply   
i def want the board looser. I dont like feeling like im stuck.
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       04-28-2008, 9:54 PM Reply   
I have ridden the Faction since it came out and put the Absolute fins on right away. For me, the fins the Faction comes with were just too big(coming from riding the Absolute finless). I love the Faction, recomend it to all--give it a try with the smaller fins. Good luck
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-28-2008, 9:57 PM Reply   
did you call up to cwb and order them or can i buy them from somewhere? also how much did they run you?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-28-2008, 10:00 PM Reply   

quote:

By Chuck H. (toesideturtle) on Monday, April 28, 2008 - 9:54 pm:

For me, the fins the Faction comes with were just too big(coming from riding the Absolute finless).

did you sand down all the molded-in fins?
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-29-2008, 10:55 AM Reply   
Anyone know how much looser the absolute fins will make the board?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-29-2008, 11:23 AM Reply   
Joe, we all know that "finless" is a misnomer in this sport.

I ride the Faction with the Absolute fins, it will make the board a lot looser, nut it still is able to bite when you put it on edge. If you have your fundamentals down and a good progressive edge, the smaller fins are the ticket. It makes the board so much fun to ride, very snowboard-esque and the release off the wake is much better.
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-29-2008, 12:00 PM Reply   
Sweet. I got the faction now but havnt ridden it and was contemplating selling it for the hyperlite tribute because i loved how loose and fun feeling it was.

Also i did notice one weird thing. I demo'd both board the faction in a 144 and the tribute in a 137 and noticed i was getting much more pop with the tribute.... The tribute has a rocker of 2.5 and the faction is 3.05

I dont know if i was popping of the wake wrong with the faction but was money with the tribute or what. But pretty much it defied all concepts of pop and rocker i know of.

(Message edited by goride on April 29, 2008)
Old     (regalado1)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-29-2008, 12:32 PM Reply   
This thread got me thinking about my 07 Faction fins. I just called CWB, got transferred to sales. Spoke to Shawn. I told him I have the 07 faction and was looking for the smaller fins from the 08 faction. He said, he had a set in his desk and would ship them right out. No cost. The entire phone call was like not even 2 minutes. This is the second time I've called them and they have been absolutely stellar in their responsiveness. THANK YOU SHAWN AND CWB.
Old     (s_s)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-29-2008, 2:12 PM Reply   
Whoa! Before everyone starts crashing the factory gates....Ant got a Set at No charge 'cause I had a set that was taking up much needed snack space in my desk. A case of the right place/right time kinda thing. I'd love to give everyone free fins to tweak their rides, but these aluminum babies aren't cheap. PM me if you're broke and desperate.....I'll look for some used ones or something ......and It's "Sean" dammit. peace
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-29-2008, 2:46 PM Reply   
lol i had a feeling that would happen. Sean ill def be PM'ing you for a set. Im sure those bad boys arent cheap to just give out.
Old     (regalado1)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-29-2008, 3:13 PM Reply   
My bad Sean. Just wanted to give you and the whole crew at CWB a positive shout for always taking care of folks. Didn't really think about the after affects. Thanks again, I appreciate it.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-29-2008, 3:38 PM Reply   
I think I have 1 or 2 extras if someone wanted a half or quarter set. Just hit up your local Absolute riders, they should have some extras.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-29-2008, 3:57 PM Reply   
Mine came in today from BBB. Looks great and the spine looks like it will help alot. I bought mine to get back to the basics and to get better on toeside edging which I never could get right with the Fish, I may stick with the stockers initially.
Old     (s_s)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-29-2008, 4:00 PM Reply   
No sweat AnT.....Well, it finally got my lazy ass to post on the discussion board....Now I have a feeling I should disappear again.
....and Thanks. That's what my crew here strives for everyday....to support all you Riders anyway we can.
Now, time to get some beef jerky for that empty spot in my desk.
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-03-2008, 1:17 PM Reply   
Just wanted to thank Sean at CWB for getting some fins to me so quick.

CWB for me has always been top notch customer service.
Old     (crowem87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-03-2008, 1:58 PM Reply   
there are two sets of fins for the absolute. make sure to get the smaller set and they are money on the faction
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-03-2008, 2:13 PM Reply   
i got the .75's. I think those are the smaller ones, cant see them getting any smaller.
Old     (gdouble)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-03-2008, 4:02 PM Reply   
Does anyone ride this board without fins (molded notwithstanding)?
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-03-2008, 4:51 PM Reply   
theres really really really small modeled fins. Im sure its rideable, ill have to try it one day.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-03-2008, 4:56 PM Reply   
Hey Sean, thanks for sending me out that brand new Marius last week for no particular reason. I really appreciate it.

Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-04-2008, 9:55 AM Reply   
As for riding the board without fins, it is a slippery proposition. It can be done but be careful cuz it will sneak up on you. The board has channels versus molded fins, they are designed to direct the water flow over the attached fins. Here's a picture from yesterday. Shredding.
Upload
Old     (gdouble)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-04-2008, 10:48 AM Reply   
Thanks, looks like I'll have to get some of the smaller fins. I just looked and it seems like the '08 fins are running for around $50, anyone know of a good place to get them cheaper than that?

Thanks