Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (thespleen)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-28-2006, 11:48 PM Reply   
No real point to this, just thought I'd share a great experience.
I had a pair of '05 Alphas. While I was riding, I guess one of the binding bolts came out. When I fell, the binding kind of tried to pivot on the remaining bolt and the base plate snapped in half (well, actually in 3/4 and 1/4). I e-mailed liquid force explaining what happened and asked if I could buy a replacement part. Their rep told me to send both bindings back to them, and a couple days ago I got a brand new pair of '06 Alphas in the mail. I was just amazed at how great that was. They obviously didn't need to do that; I would have been happy if they had chargeed me for the part and then left me to fix my old pair. What a great company!
Old     (jmv)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-29-2006, 2:54 AM Reply   
I don't know about you but I had a pair of 05 Transits that rip at the bottom. I had it sent in, and it took TWO MONTHS before I got it back. And the same pair as well. What piss me off was that they cut the lace on that one binding and shorten it for some reason. I love their gears but I don't know about their customer service.
Old     (manda)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-29-2006, 4:08 AM Reply   
i too love all of the liquidforce stuff...wouldnt choose another brand for anything but their customer service is not quite there! i sent minx's back and i got them back in around a week but they had put the clips back on around the wrong and couldnt do up tight it was an inconvience and dangerous...again no big deal but it makes you wonder...
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-29-2006, 4:17 AM Reply   
More props to LF, awesome customer service. Last year I blew out the back of some '05 Sphynx and they sent me a pair of '06. Now I have a pair of '05 Transits and the right one will not stretch out no matter what. It looks a little smaller. Called them up last week and they shipped out new overlays and toe pieces for the left and right at no charge. Way to go LF.
Old     (kslakebum)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-29-2006, 7:55 AM Reply   
I have to agree with John and Manda. I cracked one board in half just riding (ten months of owning the board), and they wouldnt do jack crap for me. So I had to buy a new board, and not nine months later, the thing delaminates when I am riding. There customer service in my opinion is extremly poor, and the boardshop that sells LF in my area is also a joke in my opinion. I have not had one issue with Hyperlite yet, and I hope it stays that way.
Old     (scheersound)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-29-2006, 10:28 AM Reply   
I had to have my right 06 transit cut off due to breaking my leg. I also called to see if i could get a replacement overlay & laces. Bo Pritchet from LF had me send them to their warranty center & about two weeks later a new pair showed up in the mail. My experince has been great with LF.
Old    smooth_worm            07-29-2006, 1:52 PM Reply   
I had the baseplate on my Ultras warp a few years back. I emailed some pics to LF and they said send them in and they will fix them, or they will send me new plates and everytyhing I need to make the repairs myself so I wouldnt have to wait. Great service.
Old     (wkbrd)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-29-2006, 8:58 PM Reply   
Kslakebum- If I remember you were bashing the LF Maven girls on another site end of June. Did you call Mike at LF in customer service? They have always went out of their way to replace stuff that Ive had. Maybe find a better boardshop or maybe you have publicly bashed them also?