Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-24-2013, 5:12 PM Reply   
I came across a place I can get pretty good deals on CWB boards and stuff. I have never ridden CWB and don't know anything about it. I am in the market for a new board so thought I might try one out. I am an high beginner/low intermediate rider. 6'1" about 190. Last year I rode a Hyperlite machete 141 with 3 stage rocker, before that a LF trip with continuous rocker. I think I prefer the ride of the trip out of the 2. What might be a good board in the CWB line. Bindings? I was going to buy a new trip 142, but thought for the price I might check them out.

Also are there wakesurf boards any good for beginners?
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       04-24-2013, 5:55 PM Reply   
CWB is sure worth a look! I fell in love with the Absolute then joined Wakeology for a few years but for 2013 I'm riding the 2008 Marius Platinum and can't be more stoked. CWB is such a great company and awesome product. Go for it!
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-24-2013, 7:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by downfortheride View Post
CWB is sure worth a look! I fell in love with the Absolute then joined Wakeology for a few years but for 2013 I'm riding the 2008 Marius Platinum and can't be more stoked. CWB is such a great company and awesome product. Go for it!
+1 CWB makes great products and stands behind them
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-24-2013, 8:27 PM Reply   
Give the Marius a shot and the JT boots.
Or the Faction is also a good board.

I love the Marius and have ridden it since 07 I think it was?
Spending more time on the Faction this Spring.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-24-2013, 8:53 PM Reply   
You could really have a go at a lot of the boards and boots for 2013. The DB9, Faction, Marius, and one of my favorites, the Jive. I've been riding a Jive and it is amazing. I'm riding the Faction boots, but know that the JT's, Marius, and AA's are awesome too.

IMO (biased), CWB are making some of the best gear on the planet. Good luck!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-25-2013, 8:03 AM Reply   
My favorite is the Pure. It's an older mold still used today. It's fast for a three stage board. Still uses the molded fin design which just seems to work for me. Unlike the new generation of boards, it's not super wide at the tip and tail (I hate wide boards). I also love the JT boots. First pair of boots ever that converted me from open toe.

Dowdy dominated Jr. Men's on the Pro Tour last year on the CWB Pure.

Last edited by jarrod; 04-25-2013 at 8:04 AM. Reason: typo
Old     (stoked_32)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-25-2013, 8:57 AM Reply   
RB, the LF Trip was the first wakeboard I had ever ridden. Loved it. If you wanted something similar from CWB, it would be the faction/DB9 (same shapes, different cores), or the Marius. If there is such thing as a "magic board", the Marius was it for me. Learned all my base spins and inverts on that thing. High arcing floaty pop, combined with the softest landing board I've ever ridden.
Old     (Rad_Matty_D)      Join Date: Jun 2011       04-25-2013, 9:02 AM Reply   
I love CWB. 2013 line is awesome too. At your size you would would probably be happiest on a 144. I'm 5'11'' 180lbs and rode the DB9 144 and Faction 144 the last two years.

The Groove, I hear is a sweet board too.

However, this year I just got a 141 Marius w/ JT boots.

Also, the 2013 boots have been completely redesigned. They are more comfortable than my regular shoes.

If you can get hooked up--might as well give it a shot...
Old     (whiteflashwatersports1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       04-25-2013, 1:42 PM Reply   
CWB makes great products - I have ridden the 2011 answer boots the last couple of years on hyperlite franchise and I love them. Check em out.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-28-2013, 7:01 PM Reply   
Thanks guys for the info. I think i will try one out!!

Anyone know anything about their wakesurf boards. We are just beginners at surfing.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-28-2013, 9:14 PM Reply   
Been on a Vibe for three years and love it. The Faction is worth a look, too. Fast and poppy.
Old     (CarolinaWakeBoats)      Join Date: Mar 2013       04-29-2013, 5:45 AM Reply   
Been riding the 2013 DB9 for a couple of monthes, Im always looking for light boards and it is definitely the lightest board I have found so far. Has real good pop.
Old     (Rad_Matty_D)      Join Date: Jun 2011       04-29-2013, 11:24 AM Reply   
Surfboards are great too!

I've ridden: Ride, Tsunami, Razr, Benz

The Benz is my favorite. I pulled out the back middle fin and it's awesome. It's fast and easy to surf any size wave.

I've also heard good things about the Laguna. That will be the next board I try out.
Old     (mr5m1th)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-29-2013, 11:38 AM Reply   
How come no one had mentioned the transcend? That is my favorite board!!!. I've ridden it since 2005 and have 5 or 6 models of it. My favorite board by far. Does no one else like it?