Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (swoopa)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-04-2011, 9:15 AM Reply   
We were doing great all day switch to surfing port side .check engine buzzer goes off I shut it off .
Start riding engine dies the little red button on engine pops . We empty the ballast reset button boat runs fine so we surf starboard side switch back to port and the button blows
Long winded I know but what cause this thing to pop
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-04-2011, 12:17 PM Reply   
That's a very high draw to pop that breaker. Is there a lot of water in the bilge, or a sack pushing on wiring when the boat is on the port side? One of the first places I'd look would be with stereo wiring.
Old     (swoopa)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-04-2011, 12:49 PM Reply   
Thanks I will look at that,when the switch was blown ignition and stereo were the only things without power
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-05-2011, 4:14 AM Reply   
It could just be a coincidence when you switched back it blew again. I had the breaker go bad in my 97 Nautique. It would just blow at random times and it happened frequently when I was just pulling into my lift at the end of the day. I couldn't figure out what was causing it to blow, so I replaced the breaker and it has been fine ever since. They are fairly cheap. Might want to give that a try before you spend to much time and money chasing the problem.
Old     (swoopa)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-05-2011, 7:33 AM Reply   
Thanks I will see if I can find one I am on the road in Chico Ca
Old     (corporalkickass)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-10-2011, 9:50 AM Reply   
Apparently MC computer systems are hyper-sensitive, in that if you start the boat say, by jumping the batteries, or if your wiring connections are in any way weak, it goes into "limp mode" where the alarm sounds, check engine light goes on, then the computer prevents you from getting any power out of your throttle to protect the engine.
pain in the rear, cuz without the computer to reset the system or diagnose the problem, you'll end up taking it in just for that. Ah, technology!

and i say this only because it happened to us this past week.