Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 15, 2008

Old     (ed_g)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-15-2008, 5:22 AM Reply   
Looking for info on a PerfectPass Wakeboard Pro installed in a 2009 Moomba....

What do you have your CS setting at?
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-15-2008, 1:36 PM Reply   
I thought the agreement between PerfectPass and Zero off said no OEM perfect pass starting in 09.

Maybe that was with throttle by wire only?
Old     (ed_g)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-15-2008, 2:47 PM Reply   
Your thinking of the Star Gazer.

The Wakeboard Pro has been installed in Moomba's for many moons.
Old     (deepcove)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-15-2008, 4:23 PM Reply   
Just out od curiosity what is a CS setting?
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-15-2008, 4:28 PM Reply   
Here is the press release.

ZERO OFF REACHES AGREEMENT WITH PERFECT PASS
May 2, 2008
Zero Off and EControls, Inc. Reach an Agreement with PerfectPass over GPS Speed Control Technology Rights Zero Off, the leader in GPS speed control technology, and EControls, Inc., the manufacturer of Zero Off, have reached an agreement with PerfectPass, the respected long time industry speed control provider. The agreement states that starting with the 2009 boat model year, Zero Off will be the exclusive GPS speed control system provided by OEM boat manufacturers for all "Throttle by Wire" applications. This technology is utilized by most leading engine builders in the inboard and stern drive marine markets. "This is positive and exciting news for professionals as well as recreational athletes and enthusiasts. This agreement provides standardization for training athletes, and consolidates the integration of the speed control and engine management system for improved reliability and robustness." - Jeremy Lessaris - Marketing Manager AquaStar, Inc. "The decision to sell this division of our business was a difficult one for all of us", stated company President Eric Horton. "Ultimately, we recognized that EControls had a competitive advantage due to their existing engine controls business. They were a natural buyer of our business which fits perfectly into their existing business model. EControls is a superb company with a strong engineering and management team." Since its inception Zero Off has gained momentum and skier acceptance through its performance, ease of operation, and proven track record. Zero Off has had great success over the past two years; passing AWSA testing, gaining AWSA tournament certification, becoming exclusive supply partners with Correct Craft for the 2008 model year, and working with major OEM boat manufacturers for the 2009 model year release. In addition, Zero Off has been chosen as the official speed control for the 2008 Masters Waterksi Tournament as well as the MasterCraft Pro Tour - including the US Open. "We all can relate to how GPS has made our lives easier in many applications. Aquastar, Inc., Zero Off, and EControls, Inc., have brought true GPS technology to the Waterski and Wakeboard Industry. This announcement and this team paves the way for future technology advancements to the boating industry, and the sport of Waterski and Wakeboard." - Andy Mapple "Zero Off has proven to be the leader in GPS based speed control both in 3 event skiing as well as the wakeboard market. I'm extremely excited to see the future advancements a company like Zero Off can bring to our sports." - Freddy Krueger "I never felt so light and so strong behind a boat before I experienced Zero Off. I ran six out of six 39's off in a Pro Event last year in 2007. The system has enormous potential and it will increase the level of this sport, it's a tremendous tool for this industry." - Thomas Degasperi "I feel comfortable putting anyone in the driver seat now that I can depend on Zero Off to do the job. Whether I need a straight line or a huge double up, I know my speed will be dead on." - Shaun Murray For more information on Zero Off GPS speed control visit us online at www.zerogps.com. The future of speed control is here! ... More >>
Old     (ed_g)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-16-2008, 3:54 AM Reply   
George, that article is all about GPS Speed Control Units.

The factory installed Wakeboard Pro runs from the paddlewheel. It is not GPS based.

If you have a Moomba with Perfect Pass, I'd rather see the CS data.

Deepcove, the CS setting allows one to fine tune the speed at which the PP will engage. Boats with ballast require a different setting than what is typically set at the factory.