Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 21, 2005

Old     (sylv2080)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-05-2005, 10:15 AM Reply   
Lookin to purchase a new wakeboard rope....We snapped our last one and we are stuck riding @ 70ft. My cousin and I are wanting to back it up to 75ft. or maybe even 80 eventually. My line now is a zero stretch but I don't know what kind of line it is..........So,what I am lookin for is zero stretch, @ least 75ft. with 2-3 5ft. take off's.... Any help would be appreciated. thanks

also I am looking @ buyin the SL Bantam Carbon Handle...anyone out there have this handle or the Vortex??? I have a SL Amoeba grippa now and I love it but it is showing age and want to @ least have a backup ready in case it dies on us one day out on the lake.....
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-05-2005, 10:38 AM Reply   
I use the SL handle and like it a lot. You just have to train everyone not to bang it on the boat or boards. Other than that, it's a great handle.
Old     (sylv2080)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-05-2005, 10:56 AM Reply   
Thanks Buzz....I am looking @ either the SL Thermal line or the SL Amsteel line. Any prefs out there????
Old    team909            07-05-2005, 12:24 PM Reply   
ive got a accurate handle with the no strech accurate super thin rope it rocks alittle spendy though
Old     (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-05-2005, 12:46 PM Reply   
you really cant go wrong w/ the accurate non stretch rope, i like it alot.

im just using Straightline handles, nothing special, using the basic $60 ones, they are good handles.
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-05-2005, 12:50 PM Reply   
I hear Proline is coming out with a handle next year that is amazing. I have their coated line and love it but I have an old SL handle.
Old     (dave27)      Join Date: May 2005       07-05-2005, 1:10 PM Reply   
I like carbon handles for riding all though, Just remember that they do hurt. I ride the nevin team handle now. I like it. I just got to many dings in my board and also bruised myself in the knee and bloodied my lip before. So the nevin is a good in between choice from carbon to rope.
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-05-2005, 11:20 PM Reply   
Go with Accurate main line, but you will need (2) of the 5' extensions to make 80'. It starts at 55' and goes to 70' in 5' increments. For the handle, hit your local shop and cop-a-feel!!!
Old    wickedwake            07-06-2005, 7:50 AM Reply   
No you only need 1 5' extension b/c the handle is 5' itself...
Old     (sylv2080)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-06-2005, 7:54 AM Reply   
I am looking for line today. I bought the SL Carbon Handle off of Ebay with shipping for $100.

So, that saved us around $30. over some of the other places. So, I am looking @ line over the next few days. I want to buy a line that comes with @ least 75ft. so that with the handle we could be @ 80ft. if we ever wanted it. Sooo we shall see.......Thanks everyone for your posts!
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-06-2005, 8:02 AM Reply   
not sure of the name,I believe it is a SL but anyways it is coated with plastic.That's my next rope!
Old    zboomer            07-06-2005, 9:18 AM Reply   
SL "Thermal" wake line. I have it, it rocks.
Old     (sylv2080)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-06-2005, 9:25 AM Reply   
yeah the thermal looks like it runs about $100 bucks or so........but hey if it works well then I'm in!!!! I will probably order that tomorrow.
Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-06-2005, 11:27 AM Reply   
I have tried both the Thermal and Hype's A-Line. The Thermal is a tad stiff IMO and doesn't coil and uncoil as nicely as the A-Line. Although the A-Line has the little quirk of sinking, while the Thermal floats.
Old     (sdub)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-06-2005, 12:01 PM Reply   
Ck out the Thermal. I just picked one up and really like it. The coating is soft on the hands.

Its 75' with a 5' take off and a 10' take off.
Old    zboomer            07-06-2005, 12:17 PM Reply   
Frederik, the Thermal is designed to be stiff. It's actually got a stiffening thread running down it, under the plastic. Makes it much less prone to tangling.
Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-06-2005, 12:21 PM Reply   
The A-line too is designed to not tangle. Hype did a better job on balancing non-tangle versus too stiff IMO.
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-06-2005, 6:55 PM Reply   
i really like the rope that is like a cable...seems to be the best one i have ever used!!!
Old    natxbrotha            07-06-2005, 11:51 PM Reply   
the best thing you could have done is just buy a couple 5' extensions for your old rope... that would cost you about 20-30$ maybe. the SL carbon handle really eats my hands up, as it does with the other guys i ride with... just a thought.
Old    ozonerider            07-08-2005, 9:22 PM Reply   
I have a SL Thermal but find that it is hard to coil up since it is so stiff --- the loops you can make tend to be much larger and wind up all over the boat. So we usually use a "softer" Spectra rope that coils up easily and is easier to manage and save the Thermal for when we are riding doubles... Also, if you coil the Thermal, lay it on the sunpad, and like to throw the handle out before your rider gets in the water it really doesn't uncoil very nicely.

Not that the Thermal isn't a great rope, it's just that the coiling thing is a pain and even though it's a lot of $$$ and really cool looking that doesn't change the fact that it's not, IMO, all that functional.