Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 16, 2009

Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-20-2009, 3:33 PM Reply   
Hey I know everyone is talking about storage over the winter time for there boats, so I wanted to let you know what I did to my garage. I'm in Dallas the HOT capital of the world it seems like sometimes. So on hot days I would keep my garage open to cool it down some for my boat..but my wife would always forget and close it(you know how it is)ha ha. So I installed a solar attic fan on top of the garage and then installed vents in the garage door and the ceiling of the garage. So the fan sucks cooler air into the garage up to the ceiling and into the attic and out the top. When we come home I just park it in the garage and the fan dries it out for me. It keeps it dry and coool! Instaed of it being 150 degrees in there Its been around the 100-110 degrees with a fresh air flow. Here are a few pics. I do have these if you need one but this tread was just to let you know whats working for me and my boat and my marriage! Ha ha. Jet
Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-20-2009, 3:40 PM Reply   
oops..here are the pic's.Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (stuey)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-20-2009, 10:13 PM Reply   
I wish I had your problems....... this is the wrong time of year to rub it in!!! haha..
Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-21-2009, 8:51 AM Reply   
No..no..Its not 100 degrees right now. Ha ha. No, the water temp is around 60 degrees and the air temp is 75ish. But my face did get burned a little this last weekend. Jet
Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-21-2009, 8:52 AM Reply   
Damn I love your boat!
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-21-2009, 3:55 PM Reply   
now I can definately use this in Arizona and help save my marriage!!!

But I have a side door on the garage and just went to lowes and put a Security Metal screen door on the outside that locks on the handle and deadbolt. I usually just leave this open, lock the side door (and the RV gate outside) and crack the garage door on hot days. If it's really hot, then I run a heavy duty high powered fan to vent while the side door is opened and the garage door is cracked. Works great, but not everyone has a side door on their garage.
Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-21-2009, 4:14 PM Reply   
I miss AZ. I lived in Sierra Vista. Love the desert and miss carrying my holstered fire arm in public. LOL! Jet
Old     (stuey)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-21-2009, 4:48 PM Reply   
Ha thanks Jet... I love it too but sucks to look at it in the garage while it pours rain. I wish we had 60 deg water temp.. thats warm enough for trunks!!!

Cool mod to your house though... I do hate the days when its hot and the boat is a little wet, come back the next day and the garage stinks like a hockey equipment bag.
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-21-2009, 10:55 PM Reply   
yikes, 60 deg water temp and trunks? I guess I somehow have hawaiian blood in me after living there for 26 years and moving to AZ. I wear a dry suite when it gets below 65 and have no regrets or shame if I'm the only one on the boat. "The twins" just don't like that kind of cold water
Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-22-2009, 7:35 AM Reply   
This weekend we just rode with a neo top and shorts, but the boat ride after 3-4 hrs started to get COLD. Jet