Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old    wickedwake            05-05-2005, 10:23 AM Reply   
I picked up a 142 Transcend yesterday, and when I tightend the 4 fins down there was still a very small gap between the fin and the board, is this normal??
Old    wakesyco            05-05-2005, 10:48 AM Reply   
yah it alright i ride for steve the cwb rep for cali and its cool i used to ride that board and he said that its cool like that and there gonna fix it for the 06'
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-05-2005, 11:00 AM Reply   
Yo, Larry, you forgot these: ,,,....,,,.,,...

Lots of boards are like that. It's not limited to the Transcend or even to CWB. I filed mine down so they fit flush. Congrats on the new board. That's a fun one.
Old    wickedwake            05-05-2005, 11:22 AM Reply   
Thanks J. Did you notice a change by filing them down?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-05-2005, 11:31 AM Reply   
I think I filed them before I rode. But it shouldn't make a noticable difference.
Old    stormrider            05-05-2005, 1:24 PM Reply   
J-Rod, might post a separate thread on this, but which board/binding combo would result in the softest landings? Currently, I have 03 Zues/Absolute combo.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-05-2005, 1:28 PM Reply   
I think J-Rod will tell you the '06 Marius. He's pretty pumped on that board.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-05-2005, 1:45 PM Reply   
In my opinion it doesn't get much better, although, I haven't ridden everything obviously.

I ride 04 Zeus and 04 Absolute which is pretty much the same thing you're on. The Transcend and the Marius both land softer in my experience. But I personally can't trade the speed of the Absolute for the landings of the Transcend.
Old    stormrider            05-05-2005, 1:49 PM Reply   
Marius landing noticeably softer than Absolute?

Tried any of O'Brien's bindings?

Sorry for hijacking this thread! I'll get out of the way here in a second.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-05-2005, 2:14 PM Reply   
Definetely. And since the board has less rocker in the center, it holds it's speed better when it smacks the water instead of slowing down.

I haven't. But their footbeds look awesome too.

Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-05-2005, 2:59 PM Reply   
MY Absolute Platinum 05 CWB also has this small gap under the fins but havent noticed any problems..im using the .75s and like it alot and i use the 04 zeus bindings on it..

Jrod hows the Pop on the marius compared to the absolute and what rocker type and size is it??
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-05-2005, 3:47 PM Reply   
It'a continous rocker but it's what they call "variable." The center of the board is 2" and on edge it's supposed to be 3" I think.

I don't know how to compare the pop to the Absolute to be honest. It's just different. It pops big like the Absolute, but different.
Old     (wake_eater)      Join Date: May 2003       05-05-2005, 5:00 PM Reply   
i bought a transcend about a week ago & havent had the chance to ride it yet. hopefully tomorrow. is the pop as huge as everyone says?
Old    wickedwake            05-05-2005, 5:59 PM Reply   
Yeah, for those who have ridden it please give us the 411. What should I expect?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-06-2005, 8:47 AM Reply   
I think I'm going to give it(Marius) a whirl next weekend, I feel destined to ride it. The Transcend lands softer than the Absolute & of the Absolutes the 2005 lands significantly softer than the previous generations. Personally I feel a gap is not good, this can create an air bubble known as cavitation rendering the fin ineffective. Aluminum fins are a bitch to deal with so good luck. CWB to the house!!!
Old     (wake_eater)      Join Date: May 2003       05-06-2005, 5:45 PM Reply   
i got to ride my new transcend today. i'm pretty stoked about it. the pop is big without bucking you off balance. its quite a bit slower than the balance i was riding, but i dont mind that. the landings are defintely soft. i'm pretty rusty since i havent ridden much this season yet, so i'll fill you in after i've got back up to speed.
Old    wickedwake            05-06-2005, 7:17 PM Reply   
Ive heard it was REAL loose, were you breaking loose a lot on accident?
Old     (jrad)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-06-2005, 8:19 PM Reply   
big heavy, i dont think your going to get to ride this next weekend. haha, whats up hiltchdswsrebnd.
Old    alanp            05-06-2005, 9:35 PM Reply   
it would surprise me if the transcend was loose. with suck a steep rocker its gonna sit deep. dunno i just bought one today. when i get it in the mail next week ill let you know. ive always been a fan of fast loose boards. i rode my old stage bad ass and liked it so i decided to try the transcend. and am expecting quiet a change. cowen whenever you tow that nauty to az you can try it with my transits. sounds like a good combo for soft landings.
Old    wickedwake            05-06-2005, 9:39 PM Reply   
Alan: Sweet setup. I have my 142 Transcend with 2005 Transits. PIMPED to the max
Old     (wake_eater)      Join Date: May 2003       05-08-2005, 5:57 PM Reply   
i got it dialed in today. man, it pops huge! i still cant believe the landings are so soft. this is my first board by cwb & i am totally sold! i have the 142 with 03 ultra sucs. the ultras are blue & actually match the graphics pretty well.
Old     (sjmedic)      Join Date: May 2004       05-10-2005, 7:19 AM Reply   
Been riding the Transcend for 4 months now. Slower board, but GREAT pop! it does get loose in the flats, and your ability to do a wide cut out of the wake is shortened a little bit (no center fin). I have noticed that it takes a little getting used to, but you will love it in the end. Soft landings, but be prepared to slide out if you are not well centered on the board. Handles glass to fair water very well, not very responsive in rough or wind-blown water. I was thinking of putting a removeable fin in the center for rougher days...any thoughts?
Old    wickedwake            05-11-2005, 5:57 PM Reply   
MAN! I just got back from my first weekend on the Transcend...Unbeleivable. I have never ridden anything like this. My first set on the board was the biggest leap in progression I have taken to date. I did not find this board to be as slow as it has been made out to be. I was scared of reports of low traction with this board, but for me if I didnt want it to bust loose, it wasnt going to get loose. POP...WOW Not bucked though. I fell in love with this board the first time I rode it. It handled chop suprisingly well. Im really tickled to death with this board, it is tons of fun!
Old    alanp            05-12-2005, 10:48 AM Reply   
clay im glad to hear you say it wasnt as slow as you thought it would be. i got mine yesterday and will be riding it tomorrow. just looking at it on the floor the rocker was insane. i keep thinking to myself there is no way this thing isnt just gonna plow through the water(ride slow). and i dont really care for slow boards so we'll see.
Old    wickedwake            05-12-2005, 6:16 PM Reply   
Well in our crew we have a Transcend, Byerly, Substance and a Pure. It is much faster than the Byerly, and right there with the Substance. It is a slower board, but you CAN make it go fast, plenty fast enough. One thing you will firsat notice and will catch you by suprise is the spray, LOL. When you cut just take a peak back, it sprays like 10' high just cutting back and forth. It is just aflat out fun board to ride! Have fun tommorow!