Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-13-2012, 8:15 PM Reply   
Update on my truck search: After searching the GMC site, I found a 6.2 at a local dealer. It looked just like yours Adam. It was an SLE, 4WD, cloth w/bench. It was pretty nice but missing some bells and whistles. The price: $41K. The salesman told us to take it out and drive it however I wanted. I pulled out of the parking lot, in kind of a rural area, and eased down the road. It was smooth and you could feel the pull. As I rounded a curve and eased into the throttle, the power came on slowly. Kind of typical of my experience with GM. However, as you continue to press on the gas, and the motor downshifts, WOW. It really comes to life and sets you in the seat. Plenty of power and only half throttle. I did this several more times and each time, the whole family would smile. I was impressed. No. We were all impressed.

My issue is that I do not need 4WD and that is all I can find in my searches. I know it could be useful, but not for $3K. It is missing a back up cam, a bluetooth stereo, power seat and some storage areas that the Tundra has. It also makes the same torque at a higher RPM. However, I am not sure the Tundra will be so impressive when "hit" in the same manner; although the Tundra's initial response is greater with similar pedal pressure/push.

I am sure I would be happy with the GMC. I love the integrated brake controller which the Tundra lacks. However, the GMC just costs more and is missing some of the fun buttons that the Toyota has. I could go on, but this is not a my truck is better than your truck thread. I am just cheaper and like the Toyota. My current rides are a 93 Silverado, a 2004 Trailblazer and a 2009 CRV. So, the Tundra still looks good to me and does not look dated UNLESS I compare it with the great Ford dash/gauge cluster.

With all that said, if you want a bigger back seat than the Tundra double cab and a three inch longer bed than the CrewMax and you want to buy "American", check out the 6.2 GM. I can honestly say that I believe it can pull a house down.

Finally, it all comes down to money with me and I will probably end up with the Tundra. If so, I'll post pics of my new note... err truck.