Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-20-2011, 10:04 AM Reply   
my daughters both have i phones. I have the house set up for home share on i tunes. I bought an audio book off of my computer and one of the girls wants it on her phone. I have authorized all devices on all computers, but can't get anything to get on her phone. She was even having trouble putting songs that her sister bought on their computer onto her phone.

Is there a solution to this, or is this apple's way of making us all buy the same song/book?
Old     (guma)      Join Date: Sep 2009       11-20-2011, 8:34 PM Reply   
Depends on whose iTunes Store account the book/songs were bought on. My wife and I share one account (mine). When I buy an app, she can then go to iTunes and download it again. When I buy a song on my MacPro, she can then go to iTunes on her MBPro and see the song as well as add it to her iPhone. So far it has work flawlessly.

What I think you might be running into is you and your daughter have multiple iTunes Store accounts and if someone purchases a song/book/app, it can't be shared with another iTunes account. Just a guess.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-21-2011, 4:54 AM Reply   
you are correct. We do have multiple accounts> It has never been a problem before. Did Apple change something in the past year or so? The girls have different accounts but on the same computer. They used to be able to put each others songs on their I phones.
Old     (spf2275)      Join Date: Mar 2011       11-21-2011, 6:23 AM Reply   
If she syncs her phone to her computer than she should be able to find the audio book through the network (I assume you computers are all networked together) she can copy and paste or drag and drop it into her iTunes library on her computer then re-sync her phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-21-2011, 6:44 AM Reply   
thanks
every time that we try the sync thing a warning pops up that says everything on her phone will be removed.
Old     (spf2275)      Join Date: Mar 2011       11-21-2011, 7:13 AM Reply   
You can only sync an iPhone to one computer at a time. It erases everything on the phone and replaces it with what's on the computer it's being synced with. I always sync my iPhone to my MacBook and my wife always syncs hers to her MacBook. If your daughter is syncing her iPhone to your computer normally and this time it just won't sync the audiobook then it's probably a sync setting. If this is the case, connect her phone to the computer. Open iTunes. Click on her phone under devices in iTunes and go to the books tab. Make sure there is a check in sync audio books.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk