Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-20-2010, 2:27 PM Reply   
I drove by the Pleasenton Fairgrounds yesterday and wondered if there was a boat show soon since I haven't heard\read\or seen any buzz about it... I get home and I read on my favorite Lake's Facebook page that yes there is! Wow, talk about lack of a Buzz. Do I have my head in the sand or is everyone else like me, surprised that a) there is one in two weeks or b) surprised that nobody is talking about it?

Three years ago it was such a great time. Last year it was canceled. This year...well, Is there any hype or buzz at all talk about?

-Uj
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-20-2010, 3:47 PM Reply   
Mark, the lack of buzz is because very few Wake industry folks are going. The Pleasanton show in Jan is Boat and RV, which is more of a recreational crowd. The big show is in March in Sacramento like the one last year. This one will have the buzz.
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-20-2010, 3:47 PM Reply   
Yeah theres gonna be one this year according to the NCMA website. Jan 7-17. Its about time its back.
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-20-2010, 3:49 PM Reply   
Posted the same time as J-Rod. Should've waited a minute. Man that sucks!
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-20-2010, 3:59 PM Reply   
It's weird because for so long it was reversed, few industry people went to the Sac show and everyone went to the Pleasanton show. Well, I hope for the vendor's sake there is some good turn out. Those people spend a ton time and money to make it happen.

It seems like years past, though, where they don't spend any money on advertising and then afterwards wonder why there was a poor turn out. I never did like it in early Jan. though. After the holidays, who has any money AND it competes with NFL playoffs.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-21-2010, 9:28 PM Reply   
Lack of Buzz? Just too far for me to drive

I know, lame, but it's the best I have!
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       12-22-2010, 8:59 AM Reply   
From what I hear the following lines are going to be there -

Malibu
Sanger
Supreme
Centurion
MB
Nautique

No confirmations, just rumors, but if it all comes together it at least looks promissing for the tow boats. I haven't heard much in regards to fishing, pontoons, or runabouts tho either, minus Tracker and Tahoe.
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       01-04-2011, 9:37 AM Reply   
I am looking forward to it... gonna go get me a new bass boat to rip through the delta.
Old     (domin8)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-08-2011, 11:06 AM Reply   
headed there today
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-09-2011, 2:22 PM Reply   
Good luck poon, no fishing boats at all

Stopped by for a bit yesterday and man that RV show was great. hahaha. Small hall of wake boats. Malibu/Axis, Centurian, Sanger, MB, Supra. Thats it. Malibu had the most boats there
Old     (kevin_bird)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-09-2011, 3:31 PM Reply   
Good to see something is still going on. Alameda Fairgrounds were cool, Im missing the Cow Palace boat shows.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-09-2011, 7:13 PM Reply   
I miss the cow palace days also. I learned everything I know about boats there. My dad and I went from when I was 7 to my 20s.
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-09-2011, 8:41 PM Reply   
I was bummed at the small amount of boats on site. They shouldn't call it a boat show if there are only like 20 boats there. It was pretty dead in there today. Shame the economy has hurt this industry so much. I miss the old days with all the mfgs. represented and a bunch of industry and product vendors. There wasn't much to stop and check out as far as new products go.
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       01-10-2011, 7:56 AM Reply   
Things have changed a lot. I remember when the boat shows were pretty much a big gathering of the boys hanging out
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-10-2011, 9:03 AM Reply   
Sacramento still is. March 12-13
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-10-2011, 9:25 PM Reply   
only one weekend for sac this year?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-11-2011, 7:46 AM Reply   
I think so.
Old     (kellen)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-12-2011, 10:27 AM Reply   
Sacramento boat show for sure this year!!!! Mikunis sushi across the street stay and party in sac sat night and chillsunday! So down lets make it happen!
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       01-12-2011, 5:15 PM Reply   
We will be there on Saturday for sure. Hope to see everyone.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-12-2011, 6:32 PM Reply   
Is it bad that I have goosebumps thinking about a boat show? Weird
Old     (PictureMeRollin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-13-2011, 1:44 PM Reply   
I went to the show last weekend and it was awesome. as far as ski boats, they had lots of sangers and mailbus. they had a handful of MB, supras and i think centurions. there were so many RV's that it seemed impossible to see them all in 1 day. overall it was a great show and worth the $11 to get in.